Symphony x in Munich

Schneggi

New Metal Member
Feb 24, 2008
Germany
The concert in Munich was great... as expected!!
But unfortunately the keyboards were too low in the mix... and the backing vocals... were there actually backing vocals?? ... Nevertheless Russel is absolutely inhuman!!!! :OMG:
The setlist was a killer:
in no particular order...

Oculus ex inferni
Set the world on fire
Domination
Serpent's kiss
Smoke and Mirrors
Masquerade
Paradise Lost
Death of Balance
Inferno
Seven (I'm not quite sure)
Revelation
Divine wings (the last part)
Of Sins and Shadows

I think that's about it...

Circus Maximus was also excellent by the way... a great package of great music but next time i'd love to hear the keyboards and the backing vocals! :)

I have been there too.

When i heard that they'd play masquerade i was really excited. They were playing it great but there was something missing. I think most people didn't know the song. Russ let the crowd sing "Save us from this masquerade of lies" and 3 people actually sang it. I must say the song didn't really work, which is sad because it is a good song and was performed excellently.

Paradise lost:
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. I saw them with dream theater they played this song and i was like "WOW! russ is doing great".
Now as they play it more slowly because they are headliner i was like "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH. Now i can die in peace. I have seen everything."

Death of balance
Last time i saw this one live was in paris. GREAT!

Revelations/DWOT Part VII- Paradise Regained
Great combination!

----Encore----
Of sins and shadows
Of sins and shadows is a great last song. They just push you out of the venue and have you begging for them to come back.

That was my 5th SyX show and my third as Headliner. The power they transmit to the crowd still astonishes me each time.