Dark atmosphere hard rock

_JC_

[insert title here]
Aug 20, 2007
Okay, first thing is first. I am not sure if i am posting this in the correct section. If I am not, please inform me, delete this thread, and show me the appropriate area to post this matter.

Now, to the point. I am looking for some very dark, very intense, very atmospheric hard rock. I know, I know. "Lawlz, h3 l1kes teh h4rd rox, h3 1s teh non-kvlt n00bzorz". Spare me. The thing is, I have quite an extensive collection of metal on my mp3 player, and I want to try something different without stemming to far away from my natural territory.

So, do any of you guys know of some absolutely evil, dark, and sinister hard rock bands.

Thanks in advance.

Well interpol is very good DARK(i am stressing this) indie rock band. Its not hard by any means. Listen to Obstacle 1,Leif Erickson,Roland, The Heinrich Maneuver and PDA. Buy an album.

Danzig - Mainly the first four albums, though some of the stuff after that is decent enough
Babylon Whores - King Fear
Type O Negative - Any album, World Coming Down is probably their most serious and dark effort

Well they're rock bands with dark music anyway. The term "hard rock" has always confused the hell out of me so whether they are "hard" is up to you. And here's a recommendation that definitely is not hard rock but certainly fits the description of dark atmospheric rock music:

Fields of the Nephilim - Elizium and The Nephilim

You might be interested in checking out the band Aluk Todolo. So far they've only released a 7", which I imagine wouldn't be too hard to find leaked on the internet. Their pretty progressive but they are oozing with dark atmosphere taking on an occult feel to the music. They'll be releasing a full length soon and I can't wait.

http://www.aluktodolo.tk/

They have two samples on their website.

I think that October Falls - The Streams of the End would be a good choice. It's kind of dark ambient with folk and black metal influences. It's a great album, too bad it's an EP and only ~22 minutes long but it's awesome. Full length album late this year or early next year, huzzah. It's kind of weird, the first two releases were just ambient folk, something you could meditate to if it weren't so eerie. :Smug:

Here's a sample of one of the songs from the EP, if you'd like the album just PM me
http://www.debemur-morti.com/samples/October_Falls-Shores_Of_Fire.mp3

Soundgarden? Superunknown is certainly depressing...and it's pretty hard rockish. I know they're mostly associated with grunge, and that they suck, but I guess that album might fit the bill.