Dark Tranquillity got Rockhard Coverstory!

solefald

Vheissu
Apr 11, 2002
Chimera Chiemgau
www.myspace.com
anyway, I posted it in the "is that stanne in the the haunted video"-Thread
but I think these news are great enough to earn an own thread:

Check this out:

http://www.rockhard.de/images/2876_maxi.jpg

Dark Tranquillity are on the cover (together with the Haunted!!) of Germany biggest and best metal magazine Rockhard :OMG: .
The subtitle is: Götheborgs Death Metal Pioneers
It will come out tomorrow and the article is featuring both bands together.cool idea.
well The Haunted is no death metal(hm some of the founding members with at the gates are) and no pioneers but is that something that does matter?
Dt got their first big Coverstory(after 15years!!! long time) and this is a good thing.the band earn it since years and Im happy to see that finally it happend
I will buy it tomorrow and post the most important news of the story after that

mags adress is http://www.rockhard.de/

cu tomorrow

2876_maxi.jpg

just helping out.. :p

can someone post and English translation of the story? thanks, i don't speak German.

Misanthrope said:
Im guessing interview. If anyone has checked it out, anything worth mentioning besides the stereotypical "look we're so metal we cant smile" picture?

hm yeah your right, that reminds me of my "Immortal-split-because-of-an open-zipper"-theory...
even mikael looks angry...(perhaps is character not album of the month?)

hey but whats up with martin h. hair??? It looks like heas dreadlooks like anders friden or not??

solefald said:
hm yeah your right, that reminds me of my "Immortal-split-because-of-an open-zipper"-theory...
LOL LOL LOL!!!!

even mikael looks angry...
yep,and he's not credible as a angry-bad-tough guy!!:p he's so happy-look- a-like all the same!:p

and -as usual- in the haunted pix Per is at the very back like Martin H.!!!weird,in this pic Martin H. is almost in the first row!;-)
anyway 2 of the bands i like most are together!
hope this isn't a commercial step!:-(((

anyway 2:thx alot solefald you're really kind!:-*

@fireangel: it definitely is the actual cover, look at the top in the red box: 12-2004

I don't think there will be a character review in this one, as the 01-2005 is already in the making and nearly finished at this time. So I think there will be a story and maybe a report about some kind of pre listening session or so.

I'll get it now... I could give you an overview of what's in there, as solefald will post details later. Hoping not to embarras solefald...

Finished NOW when its mid-late november? Yesh what ever happened to printing something that is fresh when it hits the stores, im telling you this is the same thing i have to put up with on my computer shopper subscription.

Still with all the modern technology i dont see why it cant be done 15 days prior to relase date, as opposed to over 40.

Not that big of an issue for a metal magazine, but it for a computer magazine well, lets just say alot of things happen on 45 days. Proof of that is that i get the next month edition at around the middle of the previous month in an efford to make the information at least somehow more accurate and not as outdated.

Seriously dont big papers like the New York times print massive ammounts of papers daily? I cant believe a little german magazine cant print everything within 15 days of relase, i say is just lazy crap people i used to put up with when they buy magazines, no excuse i say.

I wouldn't say that the new issue is already finished, but I think this will happen within the next 10 days I guess. So there would be 20 days for design, printing etc.

And even Computer magazines aren't THAT up to date, if you ask me. But the people who need to know the latest news are normally in science and get the information from first hand, or am I wrong?!?

Heres the article:

just came back from work and bought it 20 minutes ago:

First:
There is no review of character!!!as it will come out in 2 months :yell:
sad but true BUT there are some words about the songs...

The article is about 7pages long, first 3 with an The Hauntedinterview and a special about the coverdesigner of their albums,Andreas Petterson.
Sadly there is no feature like this about niklas what would be more interesting...
Then 3 Sides of an inteview with Mikael(Who else?) and a special where mikael talks about all DT Albums.
The last side is a story of the Gotheburg metalscene and first bands of the melodic death metal-genre and 10 most important albums of the Gothenburgsound
I expected more but its pretty interesting what mikael has to say:
I will tell jou just the most important news and a short sumary of the questions and answers, ok?(and sorry for my bad english :D )

in the first lines the writer tells us that character will impress even old DT fans: its harder, faster and more technical but with all trademarks of DT
Question:
15years of Dt and you still dont run out of ideas
whats the secret fo our success?

Answer:
I think its because we like to experiment out new ideas
Dt alwas stood for going on on new ways and this will be also in future our plan.

q:
character starts with the new buldt and through smugged lenses extremely agressive and heavy(!).Your intention?

a:
we want to show the fans from the beginning of the album what they could expect of this album.
If I would compare Character with and older album of us I would say The minds I, because it has an similar mix of technique,hardness and melody.

q:
character sounds not just agressive but also more fresh and cooler than damage done and haven
can we speak of an return to old roots?

a:
well al little bit.I just know that the way we made it was differently to the older ones: we changed ideas before the recording process all time, we emailed us daily and so there was a new feeling during buliding up the ideas.
a creativity like I dindt felt with DT since a long time
it was important to us to make Character sound not to simple and catchy.
we wanted to record an album that you will listen to it with joy in 5 years and where you always find out new deatils

then some questions and infos about why chosing fredman studio and the lenght of the recordings(4-5 weeks, it was written in a year)

q:
why the Lost to apathy-cd?

a:
it was the first time we made a bundle of an album and ep with video and so on. It is with 2 remixes, video, live track and title. I would buy it

some question about the gotheburgscene, and how he sees DT in it, mikael negotiate that they would feel like leaders of this scene.
and that he has no time for a sideproject as they talk about his ideas on projector

q:
the last cd you bought?
a:
the new R.E.M., very good music

q:
Why did you started to play in a metal band?

a:
I was 14 and the main reason was boredom. anders jivarp and I were sitting around the whole day and did not knew what to do.
so we bought some guitars and started to cover songs.some friends were asked to join and so was septic broiler born
it was a great thing to start something together with friends.

q:
your first metalgig you remember?
did you had some idols this time?

a:
well must be kreator on extreme aggression-tour
my greatest idols were mille of kreator and martin walkyier of sabbat
this hasnt changed until today
to go on tour with kreator means a lot of for me.

what themes and ideas you deal in the Chracter lyrics?
all lyrics are thematicaly bound and deal different views of an personality(what does this mean?)
how we treat with the world, our neighbours and ourselfes.
I describe how stupid and ignorant people act against each other.
its about to get more selfresponsibilty, to be honest to yourself and to accept mistakes and to learn about it

so this are the most important facts of this interview...
not to extraordinary or inimate, but ok.
mikael thoughts about each Dt album I will post later, now I need food and a shower

so long :headbang: