• Mine is the Grandeur...Of Melancholy Burning

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

Villain

Doctor BenQuillity
May 7, 2001
Finland
Visit site
Last round two Projector-songs got their asses kicked, but we're not stopping yet. There are only nine songs remaining, all of them very good - and at least one of them is going to get voted out from the Survivor this round!

The rules are the same as before:

Choose from the above list the one song you think isn't quite good enough to go to the next round - and provide us with your reasonings if you can. And no cheating.

Have fun!

-Villain

@Traveler In Time: that's a bit harsh there, mate, i like On Your Time. ;)

Bitter Halt out.

La Rocque said:
Hedon, again -
You took the words straight out of my stinking mouth.

The rest of the songs on the list were favorites of mine at one point or another.

This was the first time I had to vote against an actual favorite of mine in the Survivor. To a Bitter Halt is an excellent song.

But all the others on the list are just better.

-Villain

most of my favourites have already been voted out
i'll have to wait and see how it goes, i'll probably only vote if a song i really really like is threatened
... so is there going to be a new song survivor including character songs when this is over? :p

Hitori said:
... so is there going to be a new song survivor including character songs when this is over? :p

Yeah, sure. And when that's done, we are all over 60 years old. :p

But seriously speaking, I have actually thought of something in preparation for the end of the Survivor. Something a bit more discussible :)p) than just "which song you like the least". And without any polls, I suppose.

-Villain

...down you go, To A Bitter Halt, and with that Hedon and the previously named are brothers in defeat. Isn't that interesting?

Some trivial facts about these remaining 9 songs in the Survivor.

There are 4 songs from The Gallery, 2 from The Mind's I, 2 from Projector and 1 from Haven. No songs from Skydancer, Damage Done or the EPs/demos survived this far.

Stanne has written the lyrics for 6 of these 9 songs, while Sundin has written the lyrics for 2, and the lyrics for 1 song was written by both of them together.

As for music, Henriksson has been credited for 8 of these 9 songs, Sundin for 6 (counting in his contribution to Mine is the Grandeur...), Johansson for 4, Jivarp for 3 and Brändström for 1.

-Villain