Dave Lombardo Back In Testament!

He seems to be pretty happy with his position in life. I think that's pretty good for anyone. I was surprised to hear that he called them. Chuck made a fairly good assumption that Dave would be busy lol.

Being happy and satisfied is what matters. Did he have any writing credits on any of the old slayer albums? Do you think he sees any significant royalties from his contributions on those albums? Years back I went and saw the band he was playing at the time, Philm, that was some weird shit. :lol:

I think you'll find that until Dave's first argument and split with Slayer in the 90's the band was an equal 4 way split. Not sure what panned out when he came back, but the whole second split thing was based on money he thought wasn't being paid to 'the band'. Independent auditors looked over the books and claimed to find nothing wrong but Dave was adamant the band was being ripped off by the managers and money handlers and left the band high and dry mid tour because he couldn't get traction against his claims. So yeah I'm sure Dave sees a nice wad of cash from Slayer and he's certainly not paying for his big house and lifestyle by playing for Suicidal and Mr. Bungle.

I've got both Philm albums (with Dave), I haven't listened to them for a while but I remember really liking them.

He looks like he's played a prank on someone and it's about to pay off!

275220967_508490593980307_4656196949058460238_n.jpg

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Being happy and satisfied is what matters. Did he have any writing credits on any of the old slayer albums? Do you think he sees any significant royalties from his contributions on those albums? Years back I went and saw the band he was playing at the time, Philm, that was some weird shit. :lol:
You know I don't know what his writing credits are. I would imagine he gets pretty good royalties though. Those albums sold a lot of copies. I can say on behalf of myself that I was not the biggest Slayer fan, due the solos sucking. But I knew Lombardo was a complete badass. His name by itself is equal in legend to the Slayer name. Now this doesn't necessarily translate to money..but it doesn't hurt! :)
I'll bet he has more money than he ever thought he would.

That's pretty cool that you saw Philm. Lol yeah it is some weird shit! but I liked them.

I think you'll find that until Dave's first argument and split with Slayer in the 90's the band was an equal 4 way split. Not sure what panned out when he came back, but the whole second split thing was based on money he thought wasn't being paid to 'the band'. Independent auditors looked over the books and claimed to find nothing wrong but Dave was adamant the band was being ripped off by the managers and money handlers and left the band high and dry mid tour because he couldn't get traction against his claims. So yeah I'm sure Dave sees a nice wad of cash from Slayer and he's certainly not paying for his big house and lifestyle by playing for Suicidal and Mr. Bungle.

I've got both Philm albums (with Dave), I haven't listened to them for a while but I remember really liking them.

He looks like he's played a prank on someone and it's about to pay off!

275220967_508490593980307_4656196949058460238_n.jpg
Aw man that's an awesome picture! Do you know who's taking the pic? Good to se!
As I was falling asleep this morning I started laughing thinking about that story yesterday and Dave's wife waking him up saying Gene just left Testament. And so half asleep he just sends Chuck a text saying: Lombardo? I don't know why but that is freaking hilarious too me. :tickled:

Reactions: Neptune
Yeah lets the the good stuff happening...
Here's Chuck sparking up a medicinal doobie
Here's Eric playing some black metal
Here's Alex taking his meds
Here's Steve putting those fucking frets back on!
and here's Dave doing the books!

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
I thought you were a guitarist not a shitty bass player :)
My wife and I were having a discussion with our daughter this morning about bass players. She thinks some guy from one of the bands she likes is the greatest guy ever. We told her bass players are only in the band to keep the ugly chicks from the drummer, she wasn't impressed.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly