Davinci's Pizza Appreciation Thread

legionz

Jan 7, 2011
I just wanted to say that I'm extremely grateful that the folks from Davinci's took the time out of their day to provide Progpower attendees with pizza. I found their pizza to be absolutely great, defying the law of diminishing marginal return, and I had no less than 5 slices per day. Not only that, we ordered Davinci's to our hotel room nearly every night. Anyway, just wanted to give a big thank you to the whole crew over there for all their hard work. I can't wait until next year.

Glad I'm not the only one that was blown away by the pizza. I'm not normally a big pizza fan because I'm lactose intolerant, but after trying my first slice of DaVinci's I couldn't help but hang out in the lobby all weekend eating slice after slice. It was well worth the frequent vomiting and stomach cramps. My attendance next year will depend on the presence of DaVinci's.

Highlight of the fest was eating a slice of pepperoni with Ronny from Pagan's Mind, who is also a big Davinci's fan. Look for a track called Davinci's Odyssey on their upcoming album.

So next year you wont come if the chewy, stale pizza is not there?

Where did I say that? Also, you're begging the question with your presupposition of the pizza being chewy and stale. We would need agree to on that aspect before we can further discuss any question begging regarding attendance you want to engage in. If you want to trash Davinci's, please do so in another thread.

Are you guys getting a kick back for posting this? Seriously. Friday night I went over and asked about the sandwiches on the menu. They couldn't order for me so I went out in the hall and called directly to get two sandwiches. I waited about 45 minutes until Overkill was ready to start cuz I didn't want to miss them. My sandwiches were there they had my number wrong. But I got them and ate for overkill and the food was pretty good. On Saturday I didn't want to go through the ordeal again so I grabbed two slices and went back to the seat. Also got a few more beers to wash it down. Both pieces were incredibly chewy and tasted like garlic covered cardboard. My stomach was nauseous the rest of the night. Two years ago, at PP13, we each ate a whole damn pizza after the show on the walk back to the motel. It was awesome. Not so this year.

They were awesome. I went there on Wednesday and ordered some lunch, they totally got my order wrong, but it was still good and they gave me a free 10 inch pizza voucher, so yeah they rock!!!

Bear

I frequented both establishments this year (I almost felt like I was cheating on my longtime steady Vespucci's) and had great experiences at both: great good, good price, good service. I recommend both highly.

I tried three different pizzas: the Big Jason I loved last year, and the Italian Stallion and Primal Rage (you can't get a more metal pizza than Primal Rage!) All were awesome, even the leftover Primal Rage the following day.

I would, of course, choose Da Vinci's first because of that LoafDeals coupon Glenn suggested to us. It saved me $30 and change this year. That's all by itself a cheer to Glenn for the Cheers and Jeers thread.

Friday night I had a $5 slice of Davinci pizza at Center Stage and it was not good. It was skimpy on the cheese and pizza sauce. I wasn't going to eat any more, but on Saturday night I was desperate and bought another $5 slice. It was completely different pizza. This slice had plenty of cheese and pizza sauce on it and I was so happy I bought another and threw in a tip. Now, the pizza didn't come close to Vespucci's , but it was still good and I was happy to have something to eat without having to walk up the hill a block away.

Met-Al and I had the Italian Meats pizza at DaVinci's and really enjoyed it. I also consumed a salad because my body was craving vegetables like woah. I didn't eat any of the pizza they had at Center Stage, but I thought it was pretty good last year.

I really loved it in the venue. I was having a conversation with my dad the week earlier about how Louisiana basically sucked for New York style pizza, and then I show up and find it was being sold in the venue. I wish I would have gone after the fest closed, but I wasn't sure on the closing times and didn't want to bother the workers by adding another customer to the pile after midnight.

Where did I say that? Also, you're begging the question with your presupposition of the pizza being chewy and stale. We would need agree to on that aspect before we can further discuss any question begging regarding attendance you want to engage in. If you want to trash Davinci's, please do so in another thread.

I was not talking to you, but the second threader who did say that!

didn't want to bother the workers by adding another customer to the pile after midnight.
Bother the workers by adding another customer? These aren't just line cooks slinging Grand Slams, these are artisans that have spent years honing their trade - every person that walks through the front door is a canvas on which to paint their pizza masterpiece, a new soul to share their creation with. Much like a bodhisattva, their only real desire is that every soul may sample the pizza nirvana they've attained.

My friend and I walked down to DaVinci's for dinner both Friday/Saturday nights, and the food was excellent, hot and fresh. I recommend the calzone over the pizza, but the pizza was decent. I had a plain cheese slice at the venue to tide me over during one of the afternoons and it was just ok.