Dawn

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
I've got this CD-R that Erik sent me for "Slaughtersun" and I've been listening to it today in freezing Chicago. Anyway, what a CD...!!

So how would you categorize the band? Not that it matters, but some of it is quite melodic in a Dissection manner, and other parts are almost early-Opeth like, but all wrapped in a neat BM parcel.

Either way, "Ride the Wings of Pestilence" is one of those tracks that just stands on its own as a bonafide classic. What great song structuring also. The riffs are solid like oak!

Have they released a Cd, or are they really obscure? DO I have to beg Erik to send me one, in which case I will never ever receive the said cd.

These guys have been around for a while and have released a few things.
They're supposed to have a new one coming up soon, I think, but Slaughtersun is pretty fuckin good.

I bought the 2cd edition with a couple of demos included on it. Sounds good to me.

i wash my dishes exclusivelly with Dawn (and my car too ... when I need to stip the wax) :loco:

I enjoy the antagonism. I piss him, fotmbm, and IoftheStorm off like no other. They are all like those ultra-serious guys that just never seem to get the joke. But without all their love, I wouldnt post here so much.

yeh, I've got the 2 full-lengths and the EP. Their debut, Naer Solen Gar Niger What the Fuck, is my favorite from them.

Black Winter Day said:
Dawn is great stuff. The Slaughtersun 2CD re-release has basically all their material for $12. Get it.

Erik, why the hatred for Speed? Was there a thread I missed or something? :confused:
Funny how he thinks ROR I PISS HIM OFF SO MUCH IM TEH MASTER TROLL

I'm mainly annoyed with him being an MP3 whore and thinking LOL VARG CASIO is funny

I have also gotten into arguments with IotS I think (mainly retarded shit like LOL SKEPTICISM ISN'T DOOM) but at least he has something in his head most of the time and likes lots of good music.

In the spirit of reconciliation I offer the following pathetic attempt of analysis of our current situation between Erik and I:

I dont think you are a troll. But yeah we do have major philosophical differences on ownership of music, and the future of the music industry. And yes I do think Varg is a hilarious figure in music, although I am also of the opinion he is also quite intelligent ( and now i think Varg finally gets the joke himself) , and thats what makes it even funnier to me. But who cares, so we disagree?

The biggest problem I see, is you are generally ultra-serious with things you care about. And you also have a number of moral absolutes, which you seem to stick to, and personally I can never see anything in absolute terms. So, I am pretty indifferent to most things, and feel free to poke fun at anything, while you are quite the opposite.

I offer the proverbial olive branch. If you accept, I will stop being a smartass.

I don't really like speed all that much either.

Dawn are excellent. I have the re-release 2 CD thingy with everything on it, which is a perfect way of getting into them. And hopefully a new album soon!

See Erik, apparently you are right on this one. I dont believe I have had more than one or two arguments with this doom guy and he already hates me. Well its been a pleasure Doom.

speed does not bother me at all. I disagree with everyone here about something, so who cares?

most of the UMers I hate are on the GMD, like that VVVVVVVV fuckhead