Dayum its hard getting a hold of Joey!

here is my rough mix.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9085211/epic.mp3

I havent really done alot eq wise yet (because im still learning eq techniques and eq is my weakest area) Other than that I think it sounds half way decent so far. I would love any feedback or constructive criticism.

Sorry, forgot to say, no editing was done to this, just mixing. There is quite a bit of editing to do on this.

thanks man a few of your files didnt work for me for some reason like the sub drop and the left overhead. glad you liked it. was the bass track a DI or amped it seemed like my bass sim didnt respond like it usually does for me so i was just curious

thanks man a few of your files didnt work for me for some reason like the sub drop and the left overhead. glad you liked it. was the bass track a DI or amped it seemed like my bass sim didnt respond like it usually does for me so i was just curious

Thats weird that some files didn't work, and yes the bass was recorded DI, i can check to see if any of my effects were left on, i thought it was bypassed when i exported the audio files

Programmed or not, it still doesn't take away the fact that the drum tracks are clipping. Oh well, here is my mix... No automation etc + lovely beep every now and then:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1338211/setsights_epicismymiddlename_ahjteam_mix.mp3

The clean vocals need some serious autotuning, I just whipped out a quick and dirty version with some pitch correct there and then fucked it up again with modulation effects :)

If downloaded it already, download it again (edit: finished uploading) as I made some fixes to the mix after resting my ears... Couldn't hear the kick or guitars properly at low volumes. I also made an experimental volume setting on the guitars (left rhythm louder than right one, right lead louder than left one), I think it turned out fine in the end. Also should be loud enough now, the Slate FG-X says it's between -11dB RMS and -8.5dB RMS depending on the part, mainly hovering around -10dB RMS.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1338211/setsights_epicismymiddlename_ahjteam_mix.mp3?new

Who in gods name told you that? I know it's frowned upon to discuss this here, but misinformation like this is worse than people knowing the truth. Joey costs $1500 a song - $500 per day, 3 days minimum per song (however this does include tracking).

Actually Joey started out working $5-$10 a song ;) And he also lied, as he has then upgraded his rates like... 30000%

lol the ideas about my rates are horribly mistaken

i charge $500 a day, 3 days per song (studio session time)

this is $1500 dollars PER SONG. mixing and mastering is free / included.

outside mastering is $400 dollars per ALBUM

outside mixing is $400 dollars PER DAY, 2 days per song if nothing is edited, 1 day per song if everything is READY TO GO via my standards.

these rates fluctuate often.

haha holly shit! its joey! what does classify as mastering in your opinion? if the music is mixed but we wanted post production is that considered mastering or mixing?

lol the ideas about my rates are horribly mistaken

i charge $500 a day, 3 days per song (studio session time)

this is $1500 dollars PER SONG. mixing and mastering is free / included.

outside mastering is $400 dollars per ALBUM

outside mixing is $400 dollars PER DAY, 2 days per song if nothing is edited, 1 day per song if everything is READY TO GO via my standards.

these rates fluctuate often.

Goodfellas, you've got to learn the difference between what mixing and mastering is... Mastering is the last stage of post-production. To make it REAL simple, this is where you make all the songs "work as one" + bring up your final master mixdown to "commercial" volume levels. Please note this is a so-god-awful resumé.