De-Li-Ver-Ence

Thorg

Jan 4, 2006
Hey all.
Favourite song this one by far. Just curious what are your favourite parts of the song?

Mine is easily the 2nd solo. That solo has such an evil yet beautiful sound to it

But the ending as well. It starts off hell nice n then the ending of it just does it for me.

affinityband said:
you have only beeen here a couple of months .....:erk:

exactly...:( how many fucking times has this (and this sort of) thread been made... even when I first came here I had the common sense not to lol or at least use the search function and find out what other people think of it that way

Oh no, not again!

(*shhhhh* the first acoustic part rules! and second solo > first solo, although both are great ;) )

Why the hell does everybody spell the song wrong???? :erk:

Btw, I love the song except for the ending, which is great in its own right but is repeated just a bit too much.

Oh WTF !!!! How dare someone bring up Opeth's best song again on the Opeth forum where we're suppose to talk all things Opeth...

Yes this song is great. Great solo's, great rhythm, great vocals & the best outro of all-time ! I believe this is one of the greatest songs I've ever heard.

The 1st minute or so might be Opeth's best intro part also.

I personally thought that the outro seemed to go on and on and on...

I like the first solo though:)

It always burns within
The downward spiral never ends
When driven into sin
Your salvation's found in a sinners deed

Opethian666 said:
Why the hell does everybody spell the song wrong???? :erk:

Btw, I love the song except for the ending, which is great in its own right but is repeated just a bit too much.

Because we are illiterate

Crysiss said:
I personally thought that the outro seemed to go on and on and on...

Yes, but the 'outro' is a great groove, could be described as another 'proggy' bit, not due to sound but repetition and length of end.

I love some prog, but geeze, sometimes bits go on and on, a good xample is king crimson's intro to 'Larks toungue in Aspic, Part One' it is a full 3 minutes of repetative quiet tinkling, before getting into what is a great track.