Dead cats, deck chairs, pots of piss, etc...

It's not Bieber himself. It's that I'm not an asshole who thinks if I don't like a particular band/comedian/whatever it means I want to see their performances interrupted and ruin shit for everyone who might be there to actually enjoy it. Never understood why people feel the need to spoil others' fun. Just do your own damn thing.

Besides, I've done a lot of performances before (not concerts, mind) and there's really an unspoken rule: leave the goddamn performers alone to do their thing. The instant you inject yourself into the show, you deserve a brick upside the head.

What about when you have a duo of teeny-boppers playing just before Slipknot at a festival, as in the "Daphne and Celeste" clip that I posted earlier? Those kids had no place being there and deserved every bit of abuse they got - it even says on wiki that they "bullied their manager into getting them a spot at Reading festival" because they wanted to meet Eminem, who was supposed to be playing later that day. Fuck 'em.

Have to agree with SomeGuyDude on all points here. Doing that kind of shit at a show is uncalled for and exceedingly juvenile. Seriously, the last time I threw something at someone because they pissed me off was when I was 5 or 6 years old. Fucking retarded.

What about when you have a duo of teeny-boppers playing just before Slipknot as a festival, as in the "Daphne and Celeste" clip that I posted earlier? Those kids had no place being there and deserved every bit of abuse they got - it even says on wiki that they "bullied their manager into getting them a spot at Reading festival" because they wanted to meet Eminem, who was supposed to be playing later that day. Fuck 'em.

So? Why does that give you free pass to be a dick? The promoter/venue have a right to book whomever they please, and you know who is and isn't going to be there when you buy the damn ticket. If you are that upset about a peformance at a concert you are attending, you can a) not go to the fucking show to begin with, or b) contact the venue and/or the promoter of the event and complain to them about it. If enough people complain, perhaps the venue will drop the act if it's in their best interest. Either way, abusing perforers physically or otherwise when they are on stage because you simply feel the need to express your distaste, regardless of what others at the concert might feel, is hardly justfied.

Well, just to clarify one point, I would never be in favor of actually injuring someone with dangerous objects when they are on-stage, but I think a few rotten tomatoes and empty plastic bottles are just "reward" for pop stars who sell out the creativity in their souls and whore out their music to large greedy profit-hungry corporations chiefly as a product and not as art, AND then still have the gall to perform at rock/metal festivals...

Throw shit on stage then cry when you get forcibly bounced from the concert.

No one comes to where you work and throws shit at you for doing a shitty job because you're dreaming of humping some power metal guy's leg.

Don't make me laugh: if they'd ejected everyone who threw something from that Daphne and Celeste performance at Reading, there would be no-one left in the audience :lol::rolleyes:
And funny you say that, because people do actually often throw things at me at my job...

Don't make me laugh: if they'd ejected everyone who threw something from that Daphne and Celeste performance at Reading, there would be no-one left in the audience :lol::rolleyes:
And funny you say that, because people do actually often throw things at me at my job...

And what happens when they do that? Do you give them a pat on the head and say "yeah, good job!" or do you kick them the fuck out?

I was a bouncer for years, and I worked at a group home for teenage boys with anger management issues. I'm used to being in the line of fire at work, and when it happens you are on your ass. Period.

I was a bouncer for years, and I worked at a group home for teenage boys with anger management issues. I'm used to being in the line of fire at work, and when it happens you are on your ass. Period.

Neither of these jobs involve you getting paid tens (or even hundreds) of thousands of dollars for providing a "service" to tens (or hundreds) of thousands of people that really, really don't want it, especially if the genre of your music is totally different to all the other stuff being played at the festival. If you are greedy and stupid enough to grab so much money to go harrass and antagonize a massive crowd that you know hates your music, then you deserve a few rotten tomatoes to the face...

Honestly, I'm all for throwing shit at shit acts that don't belong. Case in point: I was at Mayhemfest last year to see Slayer, Anthrax, etc. I hated the fact that there were so many scene kids there, it was really a bad idea to put such lame, new acts like Asking Alexandria and Devil Wears Prada, with old school thrash.

Personally, if I cared enough to get up to the front, I would have thrown the heaviest, sharpest objects I could find at those kinds of bands. It's really out of place. As it was, when I walked by the booth where AA was signing autographs, I proudly held my middle fingers in the air and loudly booed them, much to the annoyance of the skinny jean clad mass in front of them. I want them and their vapid, image obsessed fanbase to know they are not wanted at a metal festival.

Yes the promoters can book whoever they want, but as a proud, hate-filled soldier against that shit, I can do whatever I want to abuse them, as long as no laws are broken. I want to send a message to the promoters like this: "Leave that shit for Warped. Don't go bringing these pussies here. We want more metal acts. We don't want integration. Separate and definitely not equal." Maybe if there is a negative enough response to the shit poppy metalcore, they'll stop bringing it there.

And to be blunt, pissing off the hoards of pussies that wouldn't know what metal is if it kicked them in the teeth is half the fun.

At least those kids might get into some of the decent stuff through exposure to the classic bands. That assumes they aren't just posing though.

Honestly, I'm all for throwing shit at shit acts that don't belong. Case in point: I was at Mayhemfest last year to see Slayer, Anthrax, etc. I hated the fact that there were so many scene kids there, it was really a bad idea to put such lame, new acts like Asking Alexandria and Devil Wears Prada, with old school thrash.

Personally, if I cared enough to get up to the front, I would have thrown the heaviest, sharpest objects I could find at those kinds of bands. It's really out of place. As it was, when I walked by the booth where AA was signing autographs, I proudly held my middle fingers in the air and loudly booed them, much to the annoyance of the skinny jean clad mass in front of them. I want them and their vapid, image obsessed fanbase to know they are not wanted at a metal festival.

Yes the promoters can book whoever they want, but as a proud, hate-filled soldier against that shit, I can do whatever I want to abuse them, as long as no laws are broken. I want to send a message to the promoters like this: "Leave that shit for Warped. Don't go bringing these pussies here. We want more metal acts. We don't want integration. Separate and definitely not equal." Maybe if there is a negative enough response to the shit poppy metalcore, they'll stop bringing it there.

And to be blunt, pissing off the hoards of pussies that wouldn't know what metal is if it kicked them in the teeth is half the fun.

Was the crowd openly hostile to those bands at all?

Shouldn't you guys be mad at the organizers then? It's not like the band snuck on stage without being asked.

Seriously, this is genuinely aggravating me because y'all make me pissed off to be a metalhead and admit that I'm associated with people like you. I almost do hope I'm at a show with a band that isn't "supposed to be" there just so I can crack a bottle over the head of the first one who thinks it's a good idea to pelt the bands with shit.

You defend the actions by saying you don't think they belong at the show? Well hey, I don't think you belong at the show either. Enjoy your lacerations.

Shouldn't you guys be mad at the organizers then? It's not like the band snuck on stage without being asked.

Seriously, this is genuinely aggravating me because y'all make me pissed off to be a metalhead and admit that I'm associated with people like you. I almost do hope I'm at a show with a band that isn't "supposed to be" there just so I can crack a bottle over the head of the first one who thinks it's a good idea to pelt the bands with shit.

You defend the actions by saying you don't think they belong at the show? Well hey, I don't think you belong at the show either. Enjoy your lacerations.

BOOM. ROASTED.

And before anyone says "oh internet tough guy", I -do- sort of police the pit while I'm in it (call it my old bouncer side coming out). If anyone was at the Integrity set at MDF you might have seen me dragging a guy out by the throat after he punched a kid in the teeth.

A show is for people to have a good, friendly (if physical) time. The minute you start fucking it up, be it by hurting other people in the audience or the band on stage, you're no longer welcome and I will HAPPILY show you the way out.

serious business going down right here. think of all the poor women in the world who've had to walk down a cobbled street in stilettos and then they've gone home to a man who wont rub their feet.

And before anyone says "oh internet tough guy", I -do- sort of police the pit while I'm in it (call it my old bouncer side coming out). If anyone was at the Integrity set at MDF you might have seen me dragging a guy out by the throat after he punched a kid in the teeth.

A show is for people to have a good, friendly (if physical) time. The minute you start fucking it up, be it by hurting other people in the audience or the band on stage, you're no longer welcome and I will HAPPILY show you the way out.

We need more people like you at shows. I've been at a few shows where this goes down and the band has actually stopped playing just to single the guy out and have him thrown out on his ass. It was so awesome.

Only problem with this whole rant is, like I said earlier, I'm not interested in or in favor of hurting anyone - it's the humiliation factor I'm interested in (hence the rotten tomatoes). And if a band knows that the crowd hates them and still decide to grab the money and go on-stage, then they deserve to be humiliated - they're just as much at fault as the organizers.

"Deserve". They "deserve" it. They "deserve" humiliation for taking a concert gig when they are a band who earns their living via concerts. And, obviously, you speak for the entire crowd. There aren't ANY people in the audience who might enjoy that band, no. It's entirely within your right to decide that because YOU think that band shouldn't be there, YOU should go out of your way to ruin their set.

You wanna hear the funny thing? I've done MDF and small concerts with bands like Defeated Sanity or Dying Fetus, and I've also been to shows with bands like Chelsea Grin and Iwrestledabearonce. You know what I found out? There were more dudes at the "true" shows bitching about "poser" metal than the people at the "poser" shows bitching about "true" metal.

When I went to a show where the headlines were Watain, Goatwhore, and Black Anvil, they had two "Hot Topic" type bands as well: Volumes, and I forget the other one. You could SEE the divide in the crowd, between the "real" metalheads and the guys who buy their shirts at Hot Topic. When Volumes and the other one played the back area with the bar was full of people bitching about the bands playing. When the last three took the stage I didn't see any of the kids whining about 'em.

The worst part about all this is that if one of UA's power metal bands was playing at a more extreme metal gig and the crowd started getting nasty toward them, he'd cry crocodile tears about how wrong it was.