Dead cats, deck chairs, pots of piss, etc...

"Deserve". They "deserve" it. They "deserve" humiliation for taking a concert gig when they are a band who earns their living via concerts. And, obviously, you speak for the entire crowd. There aren't ANY people in the audience who might enjoy that band, no. It's entirely within your right to decide that because YOU think that band shouldn't be there, YOU should go out of your way to ruin their set.

You wanna hear the funny thing? I've done MDF and small concerts with bands like Defeated Sanity or Dying Fetus, and I've also been to shows with bands like Chelsea Grin and Iwrestledabearonce. You know what I found out? There were more dudes at the "true" shows bitching about "poser" metal than the people at the "poser" shows bitching about "true" metal.

When I went to a show where the headlines were Watain, Goatwhore, and Black Anvil, they had two "Hot Topic" type bands as well: Volumes, and I forget the other one. You could SEE the divide in the crowd, between the "real" metalheads and the guys who buy their shirts at Hot Topic. When Volumes and the other one played the back area with the bar was full of people bitching about the bands playing. When the last three took the stage I didn't see any of the kids whining about 'em.

I don't get that bullshit mentality at all. It's fucking annoying. An honestly, why is it such a bad thing that these "true" bands and "hot topic" bands are sharing bills together? If anything, it's a great opportunity for kids that are into those trendy bands to get exposure to some great metal.

Seriously. This idea of "no, our metal should be SEPARATE, you're not WELCOME" is annoying as hell.

Listen, I worked at a group home for teenage boys for two years. During that time I met TONS whose introduction to metal was stuff like Bullet for my Valentine and All That Remains, or Bring Me the Horizon, Greeley Estates, you name it. We'd talk music, they'd bring up metal, and you know what I did? I'd introduce them to stuff they didn't know about, and they were always super stoked about it.

Plus, no one ever wonders if maybe just maybe the other bands on the bill are totally cool with that younger band being there because they're bringing the younger crowd in.

Maybe I'm weird like that. If I'm at a show where there are bands I don't want to see, I just show up late or leave early. I've done it before. I'm not going to spend money just to fuck up someone else's good time.

Personally, I don't have a problem with bands of any metal sub-genre performing at a metal festival, even if I don't really like them or their specific sub-genre of metal myself. However, when you get teeny-bopper pop acts like "Daphne and Celeste" showing up at rock/metal festivals like Reading, then I DO definitely have a problem with it, it's just a blatant money-grab...

Like SomeGuyDude said, it's wrong no matter WHO is performing. if you don't like the musician or band on stage, leave the venue or stand outside and chainsmoke/shoot the shit with your friends until the band you want to see comes on stage.

Also:

I wish I was retarded enough to get off on videos of bands being bottled.

It's stupid to throw stuff at a band just because you don't like their music, but I'd be fine with people throwing shit if that band truly did something douchey. Like if a band showed up an hour and a half late, totally fucked up, and then go on to suck total balls, they should be pelted with shit.

Like SomeGuyDude said, it's wrong no matter WHO is performing.

Well, if you really want to get technical about what's "ethically wrong", then I would definitely consider trivializing something as serious and life-destroying as AIDS in your forum name as "morally wrong." Whiskey funeral: the guy who feels sorry for pop groups who get bottled at rock/metal festivals, but also mocks AIDS patients. Oh, and don't get me started on how "wrong" the gay slur in your signature is...:rolleyes:

It's stupid to throw stuff at a band just because you don't like their music, but I'd be fine with people throwing shit if that band truly did something douchey. Like if a band showed up an hour and a half late, totally fucked up, and then go on to suck total balls, they should be pelted with shit.

Exactly. You show up way late, drunk, and stumble your way through a shitty set you deserve to get shit thrown at you because you basically disrespected the crowd first and tanked your own performance. But throwing shit at a band just because you dislike them is the height of assholery.

Well, if you really want to get technical about what's "ethically wrong", then I would definitely consider trivializing something as serious and life-destroying as AIDS in your forum name as "morally wrong." Whiskey funeral: the guy who feels sorry for pop groups who get bottled at rock/metal festivals, but also mocks AIDS patients. Oh, and don't get me started on how "wrong" the gay slur in your signature is...:rolleyes:

If you can't tell the difference between saying things and doing things you're even dumber than I thought (which is really saying something). I don't care how much you wanna hate on whoever, have at it, enjoy. But if you go to a show and fuck with the performance, now you've crossed into dickhole territory.

If you can't tell the difference between saying things and doing things you're even dumber than I thought (which is really saying something). I don't care how much you wanna hate on whoever, have at it, enjoy. But if you go to a show and fuck with the performance, now you've crossed into dickhole territory.

The principles of ethics and morality apply equally to both word and deed. If you want to be technical about it, mocking AIDS patients and using a homosexual slur in your signiature could easily be seen as more morally askew than throwing a few rotten tomatoes at a pop band who go to a rock/pop festival just to grab the money even when they know the whole crowd will hate them. In this situation, I'd be more inclined to question the pop band's (not to mention Whiskey funeral's) ethics and morality rather than that of the tomato throwers'.

I still stand by what I said. I hate being forced to sit through shit like that to see bands I like. I think you underestimate my hatred of these trendy new bands. I'll do whatever I can to humiliate them until it convinces them to give up playing shitty music for their wrist slitting fan base.

Some guy dude: I do respect your opinion and see where you're coming from; it does take a measure of confidence and respect to get on stage and perform for a crowd. You seem like a cool, straight-forward dude who is honestly concerned about people's welfare, and I get that. But I still just can't see having the chance to embarrass/hurt these people and not taking it. These are the people I see online and in magazines that I hate everything they stand for. I couldn't NOT scream obscenities at them, at the very least.

UA, the crowd wasn't very hostile at all because the scene kids outnumbered the metalheads, unfortunately. Didn't meet any cool people like you'd expect at a concert.