Dead Eternity cover

serbusfish

Madman with a Box
May 12, 2011
UK
www.youtube.com
Recorded a cover of Dead Eternity, I usually film videos to go along with my covers but im not sure if I like the current EQ of the track, so if I could get some feedback on that + what you think of the actual cover that'd be great :)

Here is the link, no need to download the file it will play when the page loads:

http://www.aimini.net/view/?fid=8N8rNAuTtEbnNIBR314y

EDIT: New link, original cover was way too harsh sounding so tweaked treble + messed with drum volume.

The cover itself is very good! But the mix is a little rough. Actually, its almost of lunar strain quality haha. But there's a high frequency hiss throughout that really works the ears. Did you by chance low pass the guitars...or cymbals...not sure where its coming from but my guess is the guitars. The mix also sounds a bit overcompressed...it could definitely use some widening/space. There's something else with the guitars that gets me...it seems a bit too grainy...then again that could be taste. But again...I think you played it exceptionally well! Nice job

The cover itself is very good! But the mix is a little rough. Actually, its almost of lunar strain quality haha. But there's a high frequency hiss throughout that really works the ears. Did you by chance low pass the guitars...or cymbals...not sure where its coming from but my guess is the guitars. The mix also sounds a bit overcompressed...it could definitely use some widening/space. There's something else with the guitars that gets me...it seems a bit too grainy...then again that could be taste. But again...I think you played it exceptionally well! Nice job

Thanks a lot pal :)

Yeah, the mix is currently being worked on, ive been trying to make it sound less harsh without losing clarity, it was recorded with a line 6 toneport so this task is pretty hard! I have done a new mix which I havent uploaded yet, gonna make sure its as good as it can be before I do, but thanks for your criticisms, I appreciate it :)

*UPDATE*

Cover now has a video :) I've re-recorded several pieces here and there. Tone isnt the best due to me using a Line 6 Toneport to record, so please try and ignore it and let me know what you think of my playing.

Last edited by a moderator: