ARCH ENEMY - DEAD EYES SEE NO FUTURE Cover (Multitracks/DIs/Stems Included)

Hi there,
I have recorded Arch Enemy cover with me on guitars and my buddy on vocals. Drums are midi, bass is real for now! A lot of thanx to DanLights for the real bass!!!

What's inside:
4 x rhythm gtrs
2 x solo gtrs
1 x bass midi and 1 x trilian bass
1 x drums midi
1 x fx midi and 4 x nexus fx
2 x vox
also the new link with real bass

Tempo with measures:
1.1.00 - 147
111.1.00 - 140
126.1.00 to 128.1.00 - increase from 140 to 147

Multitrack:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ndt54v
Real Bass DI:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/954292/Music samples-stems/Dead Eyes Bass DI by DanLights.wav

My reference mix:

Last edited:
wow thanks man, nicely done!
Might get around to do the bass at some point, my girls been wanting to cover something from AE, so this comes in handy :headbang:

Thanks for your feedback! :headbang:

wow thanks man, nicely done!
Might get around to do the bass at some point, my girls been wanting to cover something from AE, so this comes in handy :headbang:

That would be awesome! Real bass (especially if the instrument wood is good and the strings are new) is always better than vst in my opinion.

Thanks for sharing dude!!!!!!

Yeah, this vox sounds pretty nice - what did you use? You have to cut and fade out rhythm guitars on 2:56 I think, that should be better. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing, here´s my first try: https://www.dropbox.com/s/swrnf5knvhlq93a/dead eyes see no future 1.1.mp3
I´m not sure it feels like something is strange in timing after that break with synths!?

Yes, seems the tempo of the midi items hasn't been increased from 140 to 147 during that 2 bars (126 and 128). So drums come a bit later than guitars and other. Also rhythm guitars should be cut and fade out before the synth and drum march break. Are you sure about the snare sound during the march? It completely blows my mind! :)

Hi there,
I have recorded Arch Enemy cover with me on guitars and my buddy on vocals.

What's inside:
4 x rhythm gtrs

Listening to your guitar tracks they are dead quiet- no noise, even when holding out a chord. What equipment did you use when recording?
(my stuff is always full of hiss)

Final mix (i hope so) :D

I think your mix has excess of a low end, sounds too bassy. Also cut and fade out rhythm gtrs before march break and after that midi items are out of timing.

Listening to your guitar tracks they are dead quiet- no noise, even when holding out a chord. What equipment did you use when recording?
(my stuff is always full of hiss)

Thank you, I used the next chain:
Jackson Kevin Bond with SD-Invader => Countryman Type 85 => a) Long Stereo Channel => M-Audio Profire 2626 (for DI), b) Chris Custom Tube Screamer (for dist) => Peavey 5150 => Mesa Boogie 2x12 (with V30 and The Governor) => e906 and md421-II => Long Stereo Channel and DBX 376 => M-Audio Profire 2626 => Reaper :)

Hi,

My try ;)

Kemper and My Free [MRP] Metal Recording Pack. In the mix Peavey 5150/KRANK REV1 and Mesa DR \m/

Stay Metal!