Dead Heart in a dead world LP

Blazingsonic

New Metal Member
Apr 28, 2013
Hey there, I have a quick question regarding the vinyl version of dead heart in a dead world. How does the sound compare to the CD version? Does it have a different Master/ more dynamics?

It would be nice if someone could help me here :)

Pretty much every album does, that's why vinyl has become so popular. Century Media isn't too big of an offender in the Loudness Wars. Roadrunner is far and away the worst. Their CDs are unlistenable at times.

Thanks for the reply :)
Yeah I guess so and I´m glad that at least LPs aren´t as affected by the Loudness War. I just wanted to be sure :)

The Loudness Wars are due to digital compression. You can compress the fuck out of digital audio (CDs, MP3s) but you can't do much to analog. It can be compressed a tiny bit, nowhere near what you get with digital. I'm amazed how many stories I see on the resurgence of vinyl without explaining why.

lol at neal.

Question though, so you are saying that the vinyl version might be better because it is better balanced and sounds more live and/or not compressed the same way as the cd?

That´s at least how most vinyl versions sound compared to the CD when they are mastered right. I just wanna be sure about this one as I´m not willing to spend 20 dollars on a LP that sounds the same as the CD.