Dead Heart Cover

I only own two shirts that aren't black, one says, "Boobs, is there anything they can't do?" and the other one says "Grab your balls, we're going bowling!" Those are good shirts.

Thanks for your help everyone, by the way, she lets me wear black band shirts and stuff, its just if she's gonna buy the shirt, she wants to buy a 'decent' one. Couldn't convince her to let me order the Nevermore one, but she did buy me a Shadows Fall shirt today. I WILL have that shirt though, im not giving up :)

I think I can pick only 2 shirts out of my closet that aren't black... there's a dark red t-shirt and a purple t-shirt, both medium sized on me, so they look nice/not dorky and that makes up for them not being black... yay.

I Love Nevermore said:
well is there anything positive about it? cuz im broke so I need to convince my mom to buy me that shirt, but she'll only buy me a shirt she approves of, so I can either convince my mom that this is a nice happy picture or I can wait till I get enough money which will be a while cuz I have no way of making money.

Hmm, i think the explanations given here, are a bit poor, in my opinion!
Common people, SYMBOLISM! WHAT DO YOU actually SEE?

When i see that hollow image, at first hand, you might see a hollow, dead shell.
To me?
It refers to a wooden root, or a hollow tree trunk and it's dead.....
It's upside down, which i see as a resemblance for a "hangman". This figure also appears as a great arcana card, in Tarot.
(It resembles Wisdom, Circumspection, Distinction, affliction, offer, intuition, fortuness.
Nothing negative about these, if they're used in the right way.)
Btw -->Tell your mom they don't sing about satan and let her read the Lotus Eaters lyrics..then she won't care about the shirt that much anymore! ;)
It can also resemble: Egocentric, The Masses and bodily. [Pain- defect]
(But just don't tell her that)

There are other roots around the shell and a hand appears and so it seems, out of nowhere.
the hand also refers to me as 1, the ace in tarot cards do have a thing incommon: there's always a hand out of nowhere or a cloud, reaching out to something. Aces open, or close the cards.
The hand is reaching out, to the heart that is still hiding in the shell. Or, reaching in the emptiness.. maybe pointing out (to his creator perhaps?) that there's still something missing.
However..on second thought.. the hand seems to be attachted to a different part of the root/ shell, instead of coming out of nowhere.
And..the root has little, fresh leaves on it...so there's life!
Et Voila! (that's enough positive things about it, just tell your mom she needs to look closer). ;)

Ok, what the tattoo on the wrist says..beats me, but Travis Smith sure knows how to use symbolism.

Well, that was a little ride, along my imagination and interpretation about the Dead Heart- Cover.

And I probobly would've run into a similar problem with my mother was it a few years ago... now I guess she's pretty much gotten used to the stuff I wear. I buy it with my own money most of the time, all she does is take me to the mall and come into the store with me to make sure that what I try on fits right and she doesn't have to take me back to return something for a bigger or smaller size.
You could always just ignore what your mom says about the DHIADW artwork and buy it with your own money, bud.

~Laura

well if you take Dead Heart, In A Dead World... in the context of the song, it's refering to the past. Having no more heart for the dead world you left behind. "the door that slammed upon your heart, torn away, torn away". i think it's about saying fuck the past and starting afresh. i may be wrong but you can tell your mother that.