Deadboy & The Elephantmen - We Are Nightsky

Krilons Resa

Jerry's married?!
Nov 7, 2002
Inside dorian's gym bag.
"Finally following up the 2002 debut, 'We Are Night Sky' sees Dax Riggs' celestial visions in another new light. More sparse than the debut, with a more compact lineup, 'We Are Night Sky' ranges from primitive rock to sparse acoustic laments, with Dax's soul-melting voice and eerie themes backed by drummer Tess's soft vocal harmonies. One of the greatest songwriters and voices of our times, it's only a matter of time before the rest of the world catches on to this very special musical entity."

WTF!!! I just found out a few weeks ago that they were working on some new shit now it's out. Fuckin' A. I'm stoked. Just ordered. This is an amazing year.

what the heck!?

they really should update their crappy website that never gets updated at least when an album comes out.

edit: ok, ordered

also,

"One of the greatest songwriters and voices of our times"

totally agree :cool:

"it's only a matter of time before the rest of the world catches on to this very special musical entity."

I don't see this happening at the rate things are going now , if anything Dax is getting more obscure. It seems slowly people are getting into Acid Bath more and more, but the amount of people that move from there onto Agents isn't that high, and even people I talk to who are totally into both AB and AoO have no idea of the existence of deadboy.

gee, I don't know about this album

I really do like it, a lot, A LOT, and from listening to bootlegs of Deadboy and Dax's solo stuff from the past while, the style and songs are all too familiar, and definitely to be expected with what he's been doing lately,..

but If This Is Hell.. was such a masterpiece album, I was really hoping that many of these new songs would get the style treatment that that album had , the dark acoustic folk songs that were also so heavy and intense

though as I said, it's exactly what I expected (with a few decent surprises along the way), but yeah I had some wishful thinking .........

Godamn, you fucker. Maybe I didn't receive my mail yet today. I'm really excited to hear this. So, it is as folky as "If This Is Hell"? ...is it more like Agents of Oblivion?

I ordered mine from The End, you too?

order went in friday morning, fastest order from The End yet!

the sound is very minimal- guitars, drums. Think of it as the White Stripes, only NOT SUCKING (ok, horrible example, plus I don't mind the white stripes <_< >_>)

occasional guest bass guitar, tuba, etc

I read in an interview with Dax after "This is Hell" came out that what he was trying to do with that album was capture the sound of their live shows as accurately as possible in the studio. That can definitely be said more so here.

I can yousendit something soon-ish.

Chromatose said:

the sound is very minimal- guitars, drums. Think of it as the White Stripes, only NOT SUCKING (ok, horrible example, plus I don't mind the white stripes <_< >_>)

I read in an interview with Dax after "This is Hell" came out that what he was trying to do with that album was capture the sound of their live shows as accurately as possible in the studio. That can definitely be said more so here.

sounds good, their songs DO sound better in the live setting...this should be arriving any day now.

Chromatose said:

Well, that does sound fucking awesome...everything except that White Stripes thing. ;) I ordered from The End RIGHT before I posted this thread. It should definitely be here by tomorrow. :kickass:

No need to yousendit, unless others are interested.

alright, I won't rush on it then, it's better off taking in the whole album then just one song

but if anyone else wants, I can rip ..

And THAT's why I am drinking...

26006.jpg