DeadLioness Thread

Thank you sweet Lizard!
I am fine, and I am back in the US... as you could tell from my pictures, no one really feels at war around where I live, but with all seriousness, the situation over there sucks... I hate it.
I think that this war was bound to happen.... you can't let a terror group sit on your borders and fire rockets into your country every week for the past 3 years... it needs to be done... sadly.
I wish that 3 years ago when there was a peace agreement, it could have been solved, but no... so what can you do...
I only feel bad for the innocent lebanese people who live there and suffer from it :/

thank you for your nice thoughts Rick :)

Oh, and no I have no obligations whats-so-evah to the military.
They do call for reserves, but for now only certain units.
If things will escalate they will prolly call women who served in combat, which *thank goat* wasn't me.

I can kick ass in krav maga, though. anyone ?

Stormrider1981 said:
I don't think the Israeli's send women into combat.
even in the US forces women serve in support units, and can easily find themselves in combat, witness Jessica Lynch. Israel has long known strife, and greatly relies on its women to perform a variety of military functions.

Glad you're okay, Karen, meine kleine edelweiss :oops:

Dead_Lioness said:
I can kick ass in krav maga, though. anyone ?
does this mean when I come to Virginia I can't pretend to be overly drunk and try to grope you, without risking a dislocated elbow or a knee to the nads :loco:

Stormrider1981 said:
No, I meant that Israeli society has clearly defined roles and hierarchy concerning men and women.

Really, thats funny, I lived there for many years and never knew that.
I think you're mixing modern society in Israel with aurthodox Jews or religious people in general.... they are only 15 % of the population in Israel actually...
There are no "certain rules" about men and women.
Tell that to my 35 employees I managed at Orange cellphones 3 years ago ;)

Dead_Lioness said:
Really, thats funny, I lived there for many years and never knew that.
I think you're mixing modern society in Israel with aurthodox Jews or religious people in general.... they are only 15 % of the population in Israel actually...
Ah, see, I thought the orthodox Jews made up a large percent of the population.

Dead_Lioness said:
Those guys are only 10% of the population (THANK GOD).... Its normally the case where
a small group makes the biggest noise where all the rest just want to live in peace :zzz: :rolleyes:
Indeed. And since they're so fiercely patriarchal, I thought Israeli society wa ssimilar. Goes to show how, indeed, noisy people get the most attention. :)

well even though your red socks rocked with your camo, i'm glad you don't have to go and be involved with this kawen. and yeah i hope all your friends and relatives stay safe, even if they live in an area that's mostly undisturbed.