Dear Digipacks...

JEWEL CASES > DIGIPACKS
Agreed. There's nothing about DigiPacks that I like. Aside from the fact that they don't conform to the size of a jewel case, in terms of height or length, they get bent and if the teeth inside break, the CD just falls out. I suspect bands/labels think they're giving their fans something extra. In actuality, they're giving them crap.

Zod

Agreed. There's nothing about DigiPacks that I like. Aside from the fact that they don't conform to the size of a jewel case, in terms of height or length, they get bent and if the teeth inside break, the CD just falls out. I suspect bands/labels think they're giving their fans something extra. In actuality, they're giving them crap.

Zod

PREACH IT, BROTHER ZOD! :kickass:

Wireless FM Transmitter?
I have a non-wireless one, and it SUCKS!

:yell:

Oh hell. Don't tell me THAT! My dad finally got me in with the "cool kids" and bought me an MP3 player for X-mas. I have yet to do something with it in the car and he did buy me a non-wireless FM transmitter.

On topic now...I like the idea of digipacks, but I will say that they do suck as far as ripping, tearing and just generally breaking. THAT, and I hate it when I can't see what it is on my CD shelf because they failed to print the name of the band/album on the side due to lack of space or something. Blah.

:yell:
THAT, and I hate it when I can't see what it is on my CD shelf because they failed to print the name of the band/album on the side due to lack of space or something. Blah.

Definitely. I know my HammerFall - Chapter V is in danger of being destroyed just by being crammed amongst a ton of sturdy jewel cases on a shelf. Not to mention that I don't think it has the album title down the spine, either...

Same goes for cardboard slip covers. They always die a horrible death. :erk:

On the other end of this spectrum, I hate those damn metal boxes that some bands use. My version of Hammerfall's Chapter V is in the metal box as well as the 2nd Hellfueled CD. They don't fit in normal jewel case space and some of them don't even hold the CD properly. Is it supposed to be cool because it's metal????

oh yes and digipacks do suck ass, always hated them and avoid them when I can.....however ya'll need to get with the times, car/Ipod/MP3 AUX jack or full integration is where it's at. Head units these days can be bought and installed on the cheap.

oh yes and digipacks do suck ass, always hated them and avoid them when I can.....however ya'll need to get with the times, car/Ipod/MP3 AUX jack or full integration is where it's at. Head units these days can be bought and installed on the cheap.

Since you seem to be with it, did you have to rewire your harness in your vehicle for the new system?

Since you seem to be with it, did you have to rewire your harness in your vehicle for the new system?

I have a factory head unit in my car but it has an AUX jack. I'm going to be having the dealership put in the IPOD audio link when it gets warmer so I can control it all through the head unit. If you did you get a new headunit I would imagine you'd have to redo the harness however since it's pretty cheap to have done I would just have the place of purchase do it for you....some even do it as part of the purchase if you keep an eye out for specials.

Once you have that capability you'll never want to go back to CD's, it's worth every penny.

Cassettes currently in rotation in my car:
Trouble - Psalm 9
Trouble - The Skull
Trouble - Run To The Light
Laceration - Way Of All Flesh demo
Novembers Doom - Her Tears Drop demo
Iron Maiden - Maiden Japan

One suggestion I do have for those who play CD's in their car...this is what I used to do..it takes time but it's worth it..I'd just burn copies of CD's I wanted to hear in the car. Basically by doing that I wouldn't mess up the original and if my car got broken into I'd only be out the CDR and some time.