Death Metal albums from 2004

Sep 2, 2003
London, England
I'm after some new Death Metal albums that have been released/leaked this year. I haven't been listening to much metal recently so I feel a bit out of the loop. I'll post what albums I've bought/downloaded this year:

Anata - Under A Stone With No Inscription
Arsis - A Celebration of Guilt (Not 100% DM but I thought I'd list it)
Cannibal Corpse - The Wretched Spawn
Capharnaum - Fractured
Decapitated - The Negation
Deicide - Scars of the Crucifix
Dismember - Where Ironcrosses Grow
Fragments of Unbecoming - Skywards - A Sylphe's Ascension
Gorerotted - Only Tools And Corpses
In-Quest - Epileptic
Kataklysm - Serenity in Fire
Nephasth - Conceived by Inhuman Blood
Ribspreader - Bolted To The Cross
Runemagick - On Funeral Wings
Scarve - Irradiant
Shadows Land - Ante Christum (Natum)
Suffocation - Souls To Deny
Unholy Ghost - Terrential Reign

I tend to prefer regular Death Metal, but some Brutal stuff is cool too.

Cheers :headbang:

Sculpted Cold said:
Heh, you're pretty much in the loop man.....that's more or less about the amount of 2004 DM that i've heard or got as well.
Cool. I've barely listened to any Metal over the last 3 weeks or so and usually when this happens I end up missing plently of thing that get reviewed/leaked/released.

Spirit In Black said:
Stabwound - Human Boundaries
Fleshcrawl - Made of Flesh
Commit Suicide - Synthetics
Sotajumala - Death Metal Finland (my sig)
Ah, I forgot about the Fleshcrawl. And I couldn't remember who it was that had that Finish DM band cover in thier sig. I'll check that album out now, me thinks!

Spirit In Black said:
Sotajumala

Awesome band by the way! I have their EP and when i first heard it it sounded so fresh to me for some reason. They pull off a death metal style that I don't think i've ever heard another death metal band create. Everyone should check them out for sure.

Just been listening to 'Death Metal Finland'. I got up to track 8, "Sisu Sinivalkoinen", before I had to turn it off, not because I didn't like it, just needed a breather. I can't actually remember anything I just heard, but I know I liked it. A few more listens and I'll get into it.

Oceanic Motion said:
Just been listening to 'Death Metal Finland'. I got up to track 8, "Sisu Sinivalkoinen", before I had to turn it off, not because I didn't like it, just needed a breather. I can't actually remember anything I just heard, but I know I liked it. A few more listens and I'll get into it.
The first time I heard it I didn't couldn't get into it either, but after a couple listens it just clicked and I can't stop listening to it now

Edit: Thanks to Worm-Infested for recomending this cd to me in the first place

You forgot:

Vomitory - Primal Massacre (great CD btw)
Neuraxis also had a reissue CD of Imagery/A Passage Into Forlorn combining their cassette with their first CD.

Imagery is godlike....possibly my favourite of all the Neuraxis releases. Unfortunately I lost all my Imagery MP3's with my last winblows F-up and haven't been able to pick 'em up since. It's kind of annoying because I want Imagery on CD but i've already got Passage Into Forlorn....and double CD-re-releases almost always have naff packaging without lyrics or anything, so it's not as if it'd be ok to just sell Passage Into Forlorn and get the 2CD re-release, but then I wouldn't want two copies of it anyway! arg! Someone release Imagery on a CD by itself!!!!

SuicideMachine said:
What about the new vehemence?

I saw that in the store today, the cover stood out to me, ive never listened to them before though, what bands do they sound like?
Their new cd is pretty damn good, death metal with alot of melody........their previous cd "God Was Created" was more melodic and their new one is more straightforward death metal......all their cds are good though

SuicideMachine said:
cool..i'll give it a shot, something along the lines of a brutal inflames then?
They have some guitar melodies like In Flames but they are not nearly as many and nearly as sappy.......plus they have better vocals, mix of death growls and screams...they use acoustic guitar here and there too