Death metal like..

Lateralus14

New Metal Member
Oct 16, 2008
I'm looking for some death metal that's like Bloodbath both in brutality and vocal quality - mostly the Unblessing the Purity/Fathomless Mastery kind of sound (Resurrection from Carnage and especially Nightmares of the Flesh were a little more generic despite being awesome). I love Morbid Angel and like some classic death metal bands like Carcass and Entombed and do realize that these are Bloodbath's main influences, but the fact is Bloodbath just don't sound like them considering the more downtuned guitars and the heavier vocals and more 21st century production quality.

Best example I can think of that I'm really looking for besides just asking for a Bloodbath clone is Nile with better vocals. Lower, more brutal guitars than early 90s death but better vocal quality, rather than near-mumbling like Nile or higher-pitched like older bands. Why must Akerfeldt's death vox be so unique :(

Vader's lead vox are really unique and remind me of Akerfeldt in the sense that you can understand everything and yet they are still very harsh.... They are death/thrash though.

Ribspreader's Opus Ribcage is modern swedish death metal that kicks the hell out of The Fathomless Mastery... it might be worth checking out.

Might not necessarily be what you are looking for but Vital Remains- Dawn of the Apocalypse has a very brutal, evil sound imo, amazing vocals. Its more blackened death metal so I dont know if you'll like it. You might like some Decapitated, everything before Organic Hallucinosis. Massacre- From Beyond is early 90's death metal but has very deep vocals like your looking for. And maybe some Deicide? Thats all I can think of atm off the top of my head.