Death Metal project, similar to Necrophagia

Jesseblast

New Metal Member
Jul 19, 2014
Finland
EDIT:
Hello again! I just got the whole mix done, it's now uploaded on Soundcloud:

Take a listen and tell me what you think! 8)

I was initially planning to reamp the guitars using my brand new 6505, but it started malfunctioning and I don't know yet what's causing it. Tubes and fuse seems to be alright, but the device isn't outputting anything... :eek: I'd appreciate if you have any ideas! But yeah, I eventually decided it's taking too much time for this kind of small personal project so I just kept the previously recorded guitars and released the whole thing. :D The Zoom G5 I used however seems to have a slightly digitally distorted sound which I don't like, but at least it's not muddy or anything. :loco:

Cheers! :kickass:

----------------------------------------
Original post:

Hello people! I have a solo project that's heavily influenced by the American death metal band Necrophagia. I've made total of 4 songs that I'm planning to release as a part of my personal portfolio. Have a listen to one of the mixes!

I actually recorder the instruments and mixed these back in July. Guitars and bass were recorded through Zoom G5 Amp Simulator, which has proven to be quite decent product (in my opinion). A bit harsh sound, but it's not THAT bad. Nowadays I have 6505, so I might want to do some reamping. Drums are done using Addictive Drums.

Vocals are missing, and growling isn't really my forte. I have a friend obligated to do those growls, but sadly we have had some troubles and no vocals are recorded yet. Hopefully we'll have some time in the next week. :Smokedev:

How do you like the mix? :) I just listened to these first time in quite a long time, and it still sounds pretty solid to my ears. It's trying to be as heavy as possible, yet natural sounding. A lot of pumping. Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi,
Nice! BTW, my reamping and mix for Necrophagia "The Wicked" single. :D

Stay Metal!

Last edited by a moderator: