Death Metal song (album) needing engineer to mix…

Aug 6, 2006
I have an album I am in the process of writing and this is a test song that I have recorded. I was not happy with the end/mixed result of the studio I recorded at so I am posting here to see if anyone is interested in giving it a go and looking for paid work? Sort of a best mix wins?

This is only one song, all the DI tracks are here as well as drum tracks, I have also included the drum midi files so if you want to try your own drum samples feel free.

All tracks can be downloaded here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1251851/Bloodsoaked-NoGod-Tracks.rar

or here is the one above is not working:

http://kazrog.com/sneapforum/Bloodsoaked-NoGod-Tracks.rar

If I can find someone to mix/master this song to what I am looking for I would be looking for that person to mix/master my full length CD (about 10 songs) in this same manner. I have a good budget and I am NOT here looking for anything free. You can ask “Kazrog” from this forum who I have worked with in the past, I am not looking for free work. If I can find someone that comes up with a mix I am happy with we can work out the money.

If you want to put a audio water-mark every 30 seconds of the test song feel free or not, it’s up to you.

Here is the mix I received from the studio I recorded at that I was not happy with. The only reason I am posting this is because I love the vocals on this mix, so please use this as a reference for the vocals when mixing. The vocals are a bit dry and could sit better in the mix but again for reference:

http://bloodsoaked.us/bloodjamie2.mp3

Also, here are a few references of guitar tones I am looking for as well as overall production. I am not looking to sound exactly the same but these are good guitar tone references so you will have an idea of what I am looking for.

FLESHROT:

PATHOLOGY:

CEREBRAL BORE:

I personally absolutely LOVE the guitar tone and overall production of the Fleshrot song/album. These are some good references of guitar tones and productions I would like to lean towards.

The guitar tracks I recorded were recorded with my Christian Olde Wolber Signature 6-String Jackson Dinky with a EMG 81 pickup.

That is about all for now. If anyone has any questions or comments please ask. I look forward to hearing what some of you come up with and I hope to find someone here to mix/master my new album.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Whilst I don't have the time to do the test mix you want, I do have a quick death metal mix I knocked up for another band some months ago in a few hours: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/285689/death-metal-mix5.mp3

I understand it's not the exact same aesthetic you're after, but it gives you a feel for it all the same. Bearing in mind of course it's somewhat unrefined and certainly not finished.

Also, I think Lasse said these threads should be in the 'For Sale' section if I'm not mistaken.

Whilst I don't have the time to do the test mix you want, I do have a quick death metal mix I knocked up for another band some months ago in a few hours: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/285689/death-metal-mix5.mp3

I understand it's not the exact same aesthetic you're after, but it gives you a feel for it all the same. Bearing in mind of course it's somewhat unrefined and certainly not finished.

Also, I think Lasse said these threads should be in the 'For Sale' section if I'm not mistaken.

I remember listening to this song/mix a few months ago when posted, dig the song. The production seems maybe "too" polished as well as the guitars for my taste but very cool.

If you have time and are interested feel free. I was not sure where to post this thread and thought the general section would work the best and get the most attention for interested people.

Thanks for looking...

I'd repeat the exact same words but replace the link with this one

I remember listening to this song/mix a few months ago when posted, dig the song. The production seems maybe "too" polished as well as the guitars for my taste but very cool.

Yeah the band wanted Decapitated 'Organic Hallucinosis' and the latest JFAC, so that's roughly the vibe gone for.

I won't get a chance to take a swing at this, full-time mixing until mid next month, but I wish you well all the same.

Dude, I'd love to try but it seems that the files are all over the place even after importing the tempo track. Maybe that's me doing something wrong but could you double check please?

Edit: Something is wrong with the sampling rate. Some files are 48khz and others are 44.1khz.

Got it sorted...
I suck at emulating other people sound so I just did my stuff... I kind of like the result. Great song btw.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2973685/BloodSBurny.mp3

Hey Burny,

Not sure what is up with the files, I emailed the engineer that put all the files in the .rar for some info.

Not really feeling the guitars, the mix seems ok but the guitars are lacking some thickness/balls to them. Guitars don't have anywhere the thickness of the reference videos I posted.

If you listen to Lasse Lammert's sample he posted above the guitars on there are pretty crushing, granted it is not my song but an example of what he can do. Looking for heavy/crushing guitars.

Glad you like the song dude...

Peter

I'm going to give this a shot, im in no way a pro but I produce my own bands work. I'm just going to do this for the crack and if you like it I'll do it for free purely because I'm a fucking huge bloodsoaked fan lol.

I'm going to give this a shot, im in no way a pro but I produce my own bands work. I'm just going to do this for the crack and if you like it I'll do it for free purely because I'm a fucking huge bloodsoaked fan lol.

Hey, I have a fan...LOL

Hell yeah dude, see what you can do.

For my last album I had Kazrog from this forum mix/master my CD and it came out great. That album has done great things for me (Video on MTV's Headbangers Ball, peaked at #36 on the CMJ Loud Rock Charts, videos available OnDemand nationwide as well as playing killer festivals). All that with recording the tracks in my apartment.

For my 3rd album I wanted to use a pro studio and I was not happy with the results so I am back here on the Sneap forums looking for some great tallent. Kazrog is going to try a mix on this as well once he reamps the guitar tracks, looking for the best mix I can get.

Thanks for checking it out and looking forward to your mix.

Peter

glad you're digging my guitar sounds, I'll try to find the time to give your stuff a try.
files will have to be neatly organized though

you'll probably like this tone as well then:

extreme

mind this is NOT a mix, I just wanted to try this particular a,p for this style of music and reamped the guits quickly..I know they're on top of the music and everything...NOT A MIX, just did it to try guitartones (and wanted to see how extreme it can get :D)

Sorry for the download issues guys. I put this RAR file together for Peter and it contains sessions done at two different studios, so it's possible they may have different sample rates. Simply upsample the 44.1khz tracks or downsample the 48khz tracks and mix away. The start points of all the WAVs should then line up exactly. Use the included MIDI and Cubase tempo tracks if you want to experiment or blend your own drum samples in.

Looks like you guys already flooded my DropBox with traffic, so I'm setting up an alternate server right now. Link will go up soon. Thanks for your patience. :)