Death Metal song (album) needing engineer to mix…

and just out of curiosity, did you have time to listen to my latest mix? Just to know if you dig it or not

Yes, I did listen and it was very "dark" sounding, not sure if that is a good way to describe it or not but that is how it sounded.

Listening to it again right now and yeah, kind of jsut a dark tone to the overall sound.

Peter

Me too. I loved the guitar DIs. The palm mutes were nice and juicy, everything was well played and edited. I'm unzipping the whole folder now to get the tracks up.

whats the tempo of this song for importing into logic? i cant open the smt file. If someone has the midi files in logic could i get them for the tempo?

whats the tempo of this song for importing into logic? i cant open the smt file. If someone has the midi files in logic could i get them for the tempo?

you shouldn't have trouble importing the tempo map from the midi file in the project, if it doesn't accept it you have to change the extension from .midi to .mid and it should work.

The song has many tempo changes so it's best to use the tempo map in the midi

I am completely overwhelmed with the amount of mixes I have received from this thread and now they are all starting to run into each other. After all the mixes posted nothing has jumped out at me to make me say “YES, that’s it”!

So at this time I am going to take a break from listening to new mixes, I will continue to follow this thread and maybe some will still use it for practice. I want to thank everyone that took their time to mix and post their results but I just have not heard what I was hoping to find.

I have also received a good amount of PMs asking me if it was ok to post mixes of the song in the "Rate My Mix" section or of you can use the mix to post on your web sites for work you have done. All that is fine with me, I only ask that you do not use the Bloodsoaked name on the song till I offically release the song. It is not a big deal if the song is "leaked" as it has been posted on here in 30 or more different variations but it would be cool to keep it "un-released" till I get a final mix and release it myself.

Any questions/comments please post them…

Peter

So at this time I am going to take a break from listening to new mixes, I will continue to follow this thread and maybe some will still use it for practice. I want to thank everyone that took their time to mix and post their results but I just have not heard what I was hoping to find.

That's generally what you're going to get when you put it up publicly for anyone to try. I'm not sure if it was this thread, or another one making a similar request, but I tried to make the point that the operators who are likely capable of working to your standards will be too busy to take an unpaid test mix for someone on a forum.

It may be time to start proactively listening to engineer work libraries on your end, and then actively hunting down the person who is right for you.

That's generally what you're going to get when you put it up publicly for anyone to try. I'm not sure if it was this thread, or another one making a similar request, but I tried to make the point that the operators who are likely capable of working to your standards will be too busy to take an unpaid test mix for someone on a forum.

It may be time to start proactively listening to engineer work libraries on your end, and then actively hunting down the person who is right for you.

I support this, definitely truth in this

I support this, definitely truth in this

I can agree with you but I was hoping to find someone on this forum as I have done in the past and get some great work from unknow people. I have heard some great mixes in the "rate my tone/mix" forum over the last few years and wanted to maybe "give back" to this forum as it has provided me with much info.