Death Metal song (album) needing engineer to mix…

Did a slight remix

Snare is a bit lower and also lowered the pitch a little, think that sounds better now. Also i used Revalver this time around for the guitars (demo unfortunately) sounds a bit more undefined and darker now, but certainly a tad more realistic. Think it fits the mood of the song better. First time i also used VCC from Slate on a couple of channels, awesome plugin! Hope you enjoy it :)

Figured I would give this a stab, hate the OH's on this but I cant get the MIDI file to work to replace them. If you dig the rest of it I will see what I can do about getting the midi file working.

I got the same problem with MIDI so all i could do is just trigger snare and toms, but i love kick sound.

I will try and see what the issue is with the midi file from Kazrog, maybe he can upload a new one.

I have been listening to a all of the new mixes and while some are better than others I do still have my top three as mixes (Coldthrn's, Lasse Lammert's and Fragle's, maybe Fredoreo's as well).

I have been slamed at work and have not had much time to comment on each mix individually but I have listened. I am still waiting on a few people to post their first mixes in this thread before making any final decisions.

Please keep posting if not for me then for others using this thread/song for practice and give a rundown of what you did with the mix (drums, vocals, bass, guitars) so others can learn from the better engineers.

You all rule and my CD will 100% be mixed by someone in this thread for sure.

Peter

There's nothing wrong with the MIDI file. Can you describe your problem in detail? Perhaps it's simply a note mapping issue - you may need to move some hits to notes that are within your drum map for the cymbals.

I am very interested to hear what you didn't like about mine.

Listening right now (about 6th time), a very quiet mix. Bass might have too much low-end and not enough "clank" to it. Coldthrn, Lasse and to some extent Fredoreo all see to have a nice bass tone that does not seem to muddy the mix.

I can hear the hi-hat nice but the cymbals seem a bit low at times. The guitars seem to be taking a back-seat in the mix, I guess that is the best way to describe it.

Peter

There's nothing wrong with the MIDI file. Can you describe your problem in detail? Perhaps it's simply a note mapping issue - you may need to move some hits to notes that are within your drum map for the cymbals.

My daw FL Studio just don't see midi file. But now i found that extension is midi not mid, like it should be! So i am going to make more versions.

BTW: what do you think about my try with God Of Emptiness FX? I put it on verse second part where is changing vox tracks. Not very wet but little noticeable.

EDIT: Seems that midi maping is for Superior drummer, it is just ideal for me!

Listening right now (about 6th time), a very quiet mix. Bass might have too much low-end and not enough "clank" to it. Coldthrn, Lasse and to some extent Fredoreo all see to have a nice bass tone that does not seem to muddy the mix.

I can hear the hi-hat nice but the cymbals seem a bit low at times. The guitars seem to be taking a back-seat in the mix, I guess that is the best way to describe it.

Peter

Me and my drum heavy mixes ...lol

Ill work on those things a bit more tonight now that I have the MIDI working :)