Death Metal

schenkadere

Obey my dog!
Apr 24, 2005
NY
www.soundclick.com
Someone please explain this term to me. Shouldn't death metal have morbid and gruesome themes like Carcass did? How is the Swedish melodic stuff considered death metal...In Flames? Arch Enemy? stuff like that...I don't get it....never did.

Arch Enemy is like old school metal, very thrashy and melodic, the vocals are blackish death metal influenced but they are not death metal. Good swedish death metal is stuff like Bloodbath, Death Breath, and Entombed to name just a few.

Old Arch Enemy could have been considered. Swedish metal always seemed more on the "dark metal" side. Old Hypocrisy, Grave, Dismember was death metal. Nowadays if you have lowish growls..its death metal even if you sing about being anally probed by aliens.

In Flames was never death metal..even when they were good.

I do prefer sick morbid lyrics..even though I RARELY even pay attention to the lyrics.

I don't understand most of the terms applied to heavier music that doesn't see commercial airplay. Too make it easier for me, I just call it all metal. Way too many catagories to bother.

I don't understand most of the terms applied to heavier music that doesn't see commercial airplay. Too make it easier for me, I just call it all metal. Way too many catagories to bother.

yeah same here. Most people not in the know will call it all death metal. Thats why you have slipnot mallcore fans thinking they are death metal heads

yeah same here. Most people not in the know will call it all death metal. Thats why you have slipnot mallcore fans thinking they are death metal heads

I will admit, I like Slipknot but, everytime I hear the term 'MallCore' it makes me laugh. I love that term. I mean, how much more degrading of a statement could you make about a band?

I will admit, I like Slipknot but, everytime I hear the term 'MallCore' it makes me laugh. I love that term. I mean, how much more degrading of a statement could you make about a band?

Yeah it is a good term! You can get all of your slipnot gear from HotTopic!! Now.. I cannot totally knock on hottopic. I have seen three shirts they had when walking bye, and I bought them. First was a nice Death shirt, then a Slayer shirt, then a Return of the Living Dead shirt. I couldnt pass it up. If they ever have an Evil Dead shirt you can bet your third testicle Ill get it. Ill pass on the Slipnot belts and shoes though.

I swore Death Metal was restricted to singers that roar like emphysema-sufferers (Deicide, Carnivore, Marilyn Manson)

Thrash is for singers who shout at the audience (Billy, COC)

And just plain Metal is for those who whine into mike (Ratt, White Snake)

That's how I break em down, anyway.

Jurched