DEATH ON THE ROAD DVD

dbluntman

May 3, 2005
I just purchased it yesterday on it's U.S. release date..it is defected at least one of the dvd concert..the 5.1 and the stereo version are swapped..the dvd package does contain three dvd's..it's the 5.1 version that is on the stereo version is the one that is defected...u can still see the video and the sound...

I was thinking of returning it but i'm not...it is kind of rare for maiden to release dvds with flaws on them and plus in the area where i live they had already pull them off the shelves ..call me crazy...but i will buy the corrected version once it is release again in the states and god knows when that will be...
I think of it this way... when the federal buraeu for money...u know the place where all the u.s money is made... releases a defected U.S. dollar, quarter and etc..it is kind of rare that, that happens because they are worth a lot of money..defected money is worth a lot of money in the u.s. kind of ironic but it is..

the other dvd disc that is not 5.1 is not defected...overall it's the best..the quality is good the whole idea of the making of the album dance of death is good..the sound is good..it's a pretty kick ass package..i highly recommend u guys getting it..:headbang:

I hope to pick it up friday when I get the thing that looks like a paycheck only the amount is smaller.

JohnThrax said:
dude, havent you seen ANY of the news on this DVD? They are recalling ALL of them. You shouldnt have bought it

when I went to pick up the copy yesterday everywhere else has been recalled except this one store in which was a sam goody store..there are two sam goody in my area..on one of them my friend art works there..he received an e-mail and told me that the copies that he had he needed to return them because they were defected...best buy was the same way they also received that e-mail notice as well..so when it came time to try the 2nd sam goody store I talked to the manager there and asked him if he gotten any e-mails about the dvd being defected and he said no..he also tested it out and it wrked..but what i failed to realize that there were 2 versions of the show..he put the good one on...but thats cool i got 30 days to return it and i'll get a store credit while the fixed version part of it is released again...:Spin:

jdelpi said:
They should change the setlist more but keep putting out lots of DVDs. I love live stuff, but repeating half the setlist each time is a waste of time.
this DVD at least has a bunch of new songs on it too

jdelpi said:
Do you have a link to information on this? I don't have the DVD yet, but I want it! (I have the CDs)

you can log into maidenfans.com...thats how i found out about the dvd....:Spin:

I'd like to see them do something like Slayer did with Reign in Blood (Still Reigning).

Maybe for Powerslave...

Although if I had a choice it would be Somewhere in Time/7th Son (no comments ThraxSA :)

Either way I will be getting the Death on the Road DVD and also Megadeth's Arsenal one too.

JohnThrax said:
this DVD at least has a bunch of new songs on it too

Yes, true. But still, of the 16 songs on DOTR, 7 were on Rock in Rio, and 6 of them were on multiple other live releases. "Can I Play With Madness?" has been on at least two live releases before. The only song on there besides the new ones that hasn't been on a live release before is "Lord of the Flies." I know I am a picky bastard, but I am so sick of good songs being ignored in place of the same old stuff. (which is still great, mind you) Damnit, play "Caught Somewhere in Time" already.

Thanks for the link. I don't know why I missed that before.

jdelpi said:
Yes, true. But still, of the 16 songs on DOTR, 7 were on Rock in Rio, and 6 of them were on multiple other live releases. "Can I Play With Madness?" has been on at least two live releases before. The only song on there besides the new ones that hasn't been on a live release before is "Lord of the Flies." I know I am a picky bastard, but I am so sick of good songs being ignored in place of the same old stuff. (which is still great, mind you) Damnit, play "Caught Somewhere in Time" already.

Thanks for the link. I don't know why I missed that before.
no prob. i totally see where you are coming from though. it does suck they put out the same songs over and over again

they posted some tour dates for the "end" of this year on their website and claim to be working on a new cd at this time to be released before the tour

To herald the start off their 2006-7 World Tour, IRON MAIDEN announce their Scandinavian Tour dates for November. In an attempt to satisfy the insatiable demand, this will include multiple dates in Stockholm and Helsinki following the massive success of last Summer's concerts in Scandinavia where all 95,000 tickets sold out almost immediately and where they made history in Gothenburg by selling out all 55,000 tickets for Ullevi Stadium in just two and half hours! The concert was also transmitted all across Scandinavia on terrestrial television. This will be Maiden's 10th appearance at Gothenburg's Scandinavium - yet another record breaker which no other band, international or domestic, has surpassed in the venues history.

The dates are as follows -

November 2006
Thu 9 - Denmark, Aalborg Gigantium
Fri 10 - Denmark, Copenhagen Valby
Sun 12 - Finland, Tampere Icehall
Tue 14 - Finland, Helsinki Hartwall arena
Wed 15 - Finland, Helsinki Hartwall arena
Fri 17 - Sweden, Stockholm Globen
Sat 18 - Sweden, Stockholm Globen
Mon 20 - Sweden, Gothenburg Scandinavium
Tue 21 - Norway, Oslo Valhalla
Thu 23 - Norway, Bergen Vestlandshallen

Tickets for the Oslo and Bergen shows will go sale on Saturday February 25th
at 10.00am. Tickets for Sweden and Finland will go on sale for at 9.00am on Monday February 27th while the Danish dates will go on sale at 10.00am on Monday 27th February.

We’ll have links to buy tickets and the box office phone numbers in the Tour section shortly.

The Iron Maiden Fan Club have made special arrangements with EMA Telstar and their Associates to allow 120 of their fc members to gain special entry to each concert, which will allow them to get right at the front of the stage! Full details of this exciting offer will be available here on www.ironmaiden.com in March.

Due to Production considerations there will be no support act on the first two tour dates in Denmark but on all the other dates Maiden have confirmed up and coming US band TRIVIUM as their special guests.

Iron Maiden are currently writing material for their new, as yet untitled fourteenth studio album which will be released later in the year prior to the tour. The live show will of course include new album material, and will be in full Maiden tradition - spectacular stage production, sound and lights ... and, of course, Eddie!!

Says Steve Harris, 'We had a fantastic time and a lot of fun last year playing songs from our early albums. However, Maiden is all about pushing ourselves creatively and keeping fresh, so we're all charged up to make a great studio album together with Kevin Shirley and take it out on the road at the end of the year.

These Scandinavian dates herald the start of Maiden's new album World Tour which will take them around parts of Europe through to Christmas - playing selected dates in other parts of the World in the new year.

Everyone who bought this DVD is complaining about it. I haven't bought it yet, but I think I'll do it when a new defect-less version comes out.

Too sad, cause I'm a huge IM fan.

I have watched bits and pieces of "DOR" and I haven't had any problems yet however I have to sit and watch the whole thing to see if there is a problem.