Deathcore music

^It is, in a sense.

I'm going to use a simile here to express my viewpoint, comparing the terms 'popular music' and 'melodic death metal'.

Popular music in the sense that the violin dude is referring to means the genre(s) of music that vast quantities of people like.
There could be a band that sound like the Spice Girls but have three fans, but they'd be popular music in that sense.

In a similar sense, most music labeled as melodic death metal isn't actually death metal+melody, it's generally power metal with screaming vocals IME. It isn't so much an adjective referring to an offshoot of death metal as much as it is a completely different sub-genre. An example is CoB.

Popular music in the sense Swabs defines is simply music that is popular, does what it says on the tin really.
The hypothetical wannabe Spice Girls band I mentioned would not be popular music in this sense.

In a similar sense some bands, such as Amon Amarth and Ex Deo, are melodic death metal in the literal sense, being just death metal+melody.
CoB would not be melodic death metal in this sense IMHO.

Or was this post completely irrelevant and stupid?

Well, I'm glad you don't think me "cool" cause that'd be, like, the worst insult ever.

Well, I'm glad you don't think me "cool" cause that'd be, like, the worst insult ever.

cup%20of%20tea.jpg