Decoupling cab from floor.

mickrich

Aug 2, 2007
Opinions ?
I think this came up before but it was a long time ago.
I use a foam mat.
Works a treat. I get better low end for sure, compared to the cab being directly on the floor.
photo.JPG

I have mine on castors, and have occasionally stuck the cab on top of other cabs or subwoofers to get the bottom speakers away from the floor, but never really messed with decoupling.

I actually took your advice and got one of those puzzle foam mats as well, except mine has little foam vegetables in the tiles too, lol. I found mine on the babies' section at wal mart. I do hear a little bit more clarity in the low-end.

I always forget to try and decouple it. I tried once and don't remember hearing a difference. But that was ages ago and I'd like to test it again.

I actually took your advice and got one of those puzzle foam mats as well, except mine has little foam vegetables in the tiles too, lol. I found mine on the babies' section at wal mart. I do hear a little bit more clarity in the low-end.

+1.
I bought it in a local sports center. Really cheap. I´ll try it in some days.:)

I just throw the cab on a cinderblock on a piece of carpet. Works well to tighten up the low end and makes micing it a bit easier on the knees.

I use a cinder block here too. Works very well in rehearsals with a bass player present.