Deep Purple gossip.

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
DEEP PURPLE new album "Rapture of the Deep",will be edited through via Edel Records in October. Some song titles are: "Rapture of the Deep", "Wrong Man", "Junkyard Blue", "Girls Like That", and "Back to Back".
Don Airey (keyboards) had said some weeks ago thet the album will be heavier than "Bananas"

Before anyone make a comment I do like "Bananas". I consider it the best album since "House Of The Blue Light", so if ROTD is going to be heavier is like :headbang:

Bananas didn't do much for me. Just could not get into it. I thought Abandon and Purpendicular were much better. Looking forward to the new but I don't care if its "heavier". I just care to hear better songwriting. It's all about the melody,groove and of course the guitar solo.

I'm a real Purplehead, I have all of their CDs, but up to 1976.
Perfect Strangers is a good album, some later works have a nice song here and there, but overall it's waay below the good ole 70s for me.

Good to see another DP album.

I, unfortunately, consider "Bananas" the worst thing they've ever released (after 1970).

Ironically, the only songs on it that I find tolerable are the ones that most people tend to hate (Haunted, Never A Word, Walk On).

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
DP still got it going on after all these years!

Indeed!

Good to see you TSO, already back home or still on the road?