Deep Purple tour?

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
Can anybody tell me if its real or not?

I was told they were touring again and playing Melbourne Park on April 26th and tix went on sale tomorrow.

But I just checked both Ticketek and Ticketmaster sites and can't see anything about it.

Weird, anyone know? Me and a mate were gonna get tix tomorrow but I don't see it happening now.

Again? Dont these guys have homes? ;)

Bloody hell it must be good to be a Deep Purple fan!

Apparently its just 1 Melbourne show at Rod Laver Arena, with Jimmy Barnes and Diesel to raise money for the Kangaroos football club.

WHAT THE FUCK? Haha

Anyway, I just checked the official Deep Purple site which said it, and said that tix go on sale tomorrow thruogh Ticketek but said "These dates are not confirmed".

I am guessing since there is nothing about it at the Ticketek site, it isn't going ahead.

Guys, I'll give ya the low-down..........

Purple are confirmed and are playing one show in Melbourne on the 26th April at Rod Laver Arena. It is not an Australian 'tour', just a one off concert before they do their asian dates.

It is sort of a benefit stlye concert in conjunction with the AFL team The Kangaroos. Jimmy Barnes, Diesel, and Warped are supporting Purple.

Tickets go on sale on the 12th April. I am flying over for Sydney to catsch the show!

Originally posted by Spiff
An Australian tour with just ONE show? Who do they think they are - Iron Maiden??

No, they think they are Bon Jovi :mad: :cry:

Jimmy Barnes had a concert for the Geelong Football Club only last year!

What a sell-out! :(

Wait a sec... Do you happen to support Geelong Sydo? I think the penny may have dropped with me....

Me a Geelong supporter? Ppffttt... N'ah. 'Course not. Whatever gave you that idea?

:cry:

Its better than being a Penrith Panthers supporter :cry:
Or has your team not won a game so far this year as well?

Troops, dunno how much thye tix are. I'm guessing abouit $80 ish.

There is a hope that they will be playing Child in Time as well, as they have been doing it recently in the UK and Russia. I can die happy if I see that live.
I just hope Ian Gillan is up for the high screams, but if he is singing anywhere near as good as he was during their tour last year, than it should sound sweet.
Will be also interesteing to see how Purple sound without the legend Jon Lord at the keys!