Defenders of the Faith tour starts tonight

Just got back from show in Birmingham, they fucking blew the place down.
Demon of the Fall, Serenity Painted Death, Baying of the Hounds, Heir Apparent, In my Time of Need, Wreath, The Drapery Falls.

That is just fucking awesome. I would happily exchange The Drapery Falls for a track from one of the first four albums, or Ghost of Perdition, but damn the rest is just.. fucking awesome. Lots of brutal tracks.

Lots of brutal tracks.

If you've watched those Mike and Mike talks. Mikael mentions that they are going to play their heaviest stuff touring with Dream Theater. And they do that because they want to be different than Dream Theater. And it's the easiest way. So I bet there's gonna be tracks from MAYH as well.

At Birmingham (amazing, amazing show), Mikael said something along the lines of "so, this is where it all started" and started singing a song. What song was that? Sounded like Duran Duran or something :lol:

im not sure i like this setlist all that much, erk.

it does lean a bit towards the heavy side.

Great show, agree that Opeth should have been on last. Took a mate who's more into Iron Maiden and more Rock and Roll metal but after experiencing 'Wreath' he was hooked; another convert to the Opeth family.
Do hope they come back to Scotland later this year, even when most of the crowd seemed to be there for Arch Enemy, otherwise its fly down to London.

Looking for a 2 hour performance next time.:worship:rock:

Great setlist - wreath!! Cannot fucking wait even though I was sorta hoping for something a bit mellower since i've been struck withthe gastrobug. but Fuck it, OPETH!!!! :D

Been listening to MAYH and BWP in anticipation for tomorrow night...just put on Deliverance...I'm fuckin stoked for Wreath! Really hope they play it tomorrow night though I assume as its a live rarity it'll be the constant this tour (along with Heir Apparent is my guess anyway), just got to wait for tonight's setlist from Manchester to be posted.

Oh by the way, just planning my journey here, but does anyone have an idea or know what time the London show will end? I'm covered for trains until 10 past midnight, but after that its sleep outside Waterloo station until 4 in the morning, which I'd like to avoid.

...just got back from Brixton, same set list except for "Masters Apprentices" instead of "Serenity Painted Death"..."Wreath" absolutely KILLED!!!!

No intro tape, which was a bit odd as I'm so used to hearing it and the sound was a bit wooly. The band were great though, Martin Axenrot was superb...