Defenders of the Faith tour starts tonight

Yeah the Brixton show was immense!! Opeth rightly deserved to headline instead of AE imo. "Per is miserable" haha!! Also funny seeing everyone stand still during Heir Apparent..

Brixton slayed. Got smacked in the mouth during the pit for Wreath (from then on I stayed well out of it), but apart from that all was excellent, if only they really had played that cover of Right Said Fred...

Another good show, but I have to say that the sound was very disappointing at Brixton. I also felt from his comments at Birmingham and London that Mikael wasn't totally into this package tour.
Happily the best band in the world are capable of astonishing moments at even the most average of shows, and the last section of 'Baying of the Hounds', plus all of 'Wreath', were life-affirming.:kickass:
Can anyone spare me a dime, I'd love to hear that Manchester show?

Another good show, but I have to say that the sound was very disappointing at Brixton.QUOTE]

I agree about the sound. I have been to Brixton many times and it was poor for the Academy's usually high standards. The sound last night was very murky/muddy, no sharpness at all and Michaels vocals were quite often lost in the mix.

However, i think Opeth were extremely tight and possibly this is the tightest ive seen them live. Axenrot was fucking incredible and the drumming was the highlight (the only instrument which sounded great in the mix). There should be nothing he has to do now to convince people he is the right man for the band post-lopez. There was an energy about opeth this time aswell, with Michael, Freddie and Martin all swaggering around the stage like true showmen.

I was extremely pleased that they played wreath (i thought they would not play it, as they had already played masters and didnt expect 2 from one album) and was the highlight IMO. It should really be a live staple for them now as it works so well. The atmosphere it generated was immense, possibly more than any other opeth song ive heard live. I was a little bit disappointed not to hear serenity painted death, but the setlist was still fantastic.

I cant wait to see them on a tour were they can play a full setlist again and have more luck with the soundman.

I was at the Manchester gig and they totally slayed. Same setlist as with the show at Brixton (Masters Apprentices instead of Serenity Painted Death).

I noticed the soundman was using what looked like a just-out-of-the-box Soundcraft V16 desk - maybe he just needs to get used to it. Being old, I don't want to comment too much on analogue versus digital! There's no dressing it up though, the mix was poor in a normally excellent room. Birmingham Academy can be patchy, but Brixton is normally terrific.
Strangely enough I am listening to the Manchester show right now, and the sound is beautiful!

Went to the london show last night, thought it was excellent.

can i get a PM for the Manchester show someone please?

It was brilliant yesterday, the show was great!

Damn devildriver game me a headache with their loud set, it was just noise to me... annoyed me quiet a bit, so I was headbanging to Opeth with a massive headache!

Waited for the guys after the show got some stuff signed. Funny how devildriers front man run out and kinda had this confused look on his face when he realised we were not waiting for them, looked dissapointed, poor dude. Felt sorry for him.

I was extremely pleased that they played wreath (i thought they would not play it, as they had already played masters and didnt expect 2 from one album)

Possibly making up for the fact that the setlist for the last UK tour (Roundhouse Tapes one, whatever it was called) didn't have any songs off Deliverance.

The show slayed, but the comments about the muddy sound are very true. no crispness in the guitars or vocals but i still had a great time. i liked mikes quote about 'Arse Enemy' (even though i do like them i prefer Liiva era stuff, havent listened to anything with Angela on vocals except Ravenous, which was awesome).........he looked a bit shocked he'd said it afterwards, then tried to cover by saying 'they are actually very good touring friends of ours........but theyre not from Stockholm, so fuck them!', great stuff. Also thought Wreath was the dogs bollocks and Heir Apparent sounded tighter than the Mellobaot version so i was well happy!! would have preferred Serenity Painted Death to Masters Apprentices but beggars cant be choosers! all in all a great night!!

Hmm slightly dissapointed at the brixton gig. I thought the sound was pretty pants and the vocals were way too quiet.Id already heard 4 songs live before and it was much better the time before. Also id prefer serenity painted death over masters aprentice any day. Also going mental during arch enemy really tired me out beforehand.

Despite that though they played amazingly and i like the fact that they move around alot more now. And holy shit wreath fucking kills live so does heir apparent.

I bumped into dragonforce during demon of the fall aswell, that was pretty cool.