Defiant Indoctrination

ElChialeux

New Metal Member
Jan 1, 2007
Hi all!

I just got the DVD for Christmas, and already listened to it 5 times, god these guys are tight live!!

I'm also a good Cryptopsy fan, and noticed on the back of the DVD Alex Auburn is doing a guest appearance for legions of the betrayed, but never saw him... I'm I blind?

heheh..i guess ur blind mate....woopsydoo!

hahah..he comes out with the starting riff. and he does the sweeping solo..if only Flo Mounier and Yanic Bercier could tag team..!!!!!!

Yanic is better than Flo. I only like a few Cryp songs. Alot of thier music is a bit boring. The songs I like are: Shroud; We Bleed; Cold Hate, Warm Blood; Faceless Unknown, Luminum, and perhapse the Blasphemy Made Flesh Album if I could hear it(quality wise). I am not trying to bash Cryp, but I feel that they could make thier music better sounding.

Yanic is better than Flo. I only like a few Cryp songs. Alot of thier music is a bit boring. The songs I like are: Shroud; We Bleed; Cold Hate, Warm Blood; Faceless Unknown, Luminum, and perhapse the Blasphemy Made Flesh Album if I could hear it(quality wise). I am not trying to bash Cryp, but I feel that they could make thier music better sounding.

They're an acquired taste. I think None So Vile is classic.

About the Quo Vadis DVD, I think I'll get it in the next month.

lol, guess that's what happens when you listen to it during the holidays.... not in the best of shape!! ;)

I really love Cryptosy, but I have to agree the sound quality of their albums could be better and they do have a few not very good songs, but a lot of awesome ones too, there's not a lot of bands who doesn't have a few bad songs in their repertoire...

Thanks guys

Cryptopsy and Quo Vadis arnt in the same league music-wise anyway..And they cater to different audiences. So they cannot b compared. But both are technical bands and they rock! To me, Cryptopsy is the best for Tech Death, Quo Vadis for Melo Tech, and Necrophagist for Brutal Tech ;)

About alot of bands having a few bad songs..i think Quo Vadis is among the few that do not fall in that category. Personally i dont find any "bad" songs in any of the albums.

One thing about Flo..Open Face Surgery, and other live songs, why issit that his double pedals are not blasts? Is it because its inconsistent (i cant believe that) or he likes to change? Because original songs they are all 32nd note machine gun blasts..Hmm mayb i should go to his forum und ask :lol:

Hi all!

I just got the DVD for Christmas, and already listened to it 5 times, god these guys are tight live!!

I'm also a good Cryptopsy fan, and noticed on the back of the DVD Alex Auburn is doing a guest appearance for legions of the betrayed, but never saw him... I'm I blind?

Yeah !
Alex appears on the left of the stage, close to Bart.
It's him who plays the guitar solo in Legions of the betrayed.

Last week, I've extracted the audio part of the DVD, to make an audio CD.
I've put it into my car...
(We can't put all the concert on the CD because the show is longer than 1.40 hours. I've deleted the part when Oscar (Anonymus) talks between Tunnel effect and Inner capsule and also the part when the public recalls Quo Vadis before Dead man's diary).

The DVD is fantastic, with the video and audio aspects but the audio part alone, is really good too !
It feels good in my car !

Aghahowa... thanks for the idea, will do the same for my car!

Since I have this DVD, my neighbour called me twice to turn the volume down... lol
Seems like he's not a metal fan ;)

I have only seen like two songs it on youtube and I just have to say, that guitarist looks so fucking bored, and mad at times :lol:

That guitarist is William Seghers, he plays w/ Neuraxis now. I met him when Neuraxis was on the the Necrophagist tour, Carving North Americas Epitaph Vol.I. He doesn't really get to showcase his skill w/Neuraxis.

This DVD kicks fucking ass! As a drummer myself, the 3rd disc was an ingenious idea. It's great having the drums-eye view with a skin basher like Yanic. Too bad Will is gone, but Mag is one killer virtuoso type. And coming from a Vai/ Satriani fan, that can't be a bad thing!

Been wanting to get my hands on this DVD for a while. :(

When I have the cash, I'll order it off the site quick fucking smart! (before I spend it on another concert/booze :p)