Testament Live in London

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Testament-Live in London
By: SIXX “New Order” SWINE

Testament reunited in 2005 with their classic line-up for a series of gigs. Lucky for us, the fans they managed to roll tape for their London appearance. The concert is a multi-camera thrash metal feast for your eyes, as well, as your ears. Chuck Billy sounds fantastic, Eric Peterson and Alex Skolnick are just as tight as when I last saw them in support of Souls of Black, James Christian is still Cliff Burton in waiting, Louie Clemente and John Tempesta both share the duty as the backbone of the band.
The Live in London features tracks that were recorded by The Legacy era of the band. There are a total of 14 crushing numbers on this dvd, there is no filler on here, while there are a few that I personally would have added, so what? These guys are having a blast, Chuck is alive and well and would would have thought this would have happened 3-4 years ago? The highlights of the dvd are “The New Order,” “Electric Crown,” “Souls of Black” killer bass intro by James(\m/), “Trial by Fire,” “Practice What You Preach,” and “Over the Wall.”
The sound was mixed by the one and only Andy Sneap, another fabulous experience for your ears.
The only downside to this dvd is that the features are lacking. There is a nice 10 minute mini-documentary of their triumphant tour of Europe. There’s some great footage along with interviews with the entire band. Ever wonder what the guys have been up to since they left the band? Well, you’ll find out.
I think the best part is listening to Chuck Billy talk about beating cancer and loving life. What a grateful, humble guy. I wanted to see more of this. Live in London is very worthy, check it out.