Definition of CoB's style?

Hammer of Might

New Metal Member
Jul 25, 2003
London, England
Hi, I am very new to Children of Bodom (and these boards as well!), and I thought I'd ask you what style/genre you think best describes CoB.

I absolutely love what I've heard so far, but I can't really define it in a certain style.

What do you think?

:wave:

Welcome fellow uk'er to the board.

I, like most here probably have, seen this discussed alot and in my opinion the best way to label they're style is as simple as 'they are children of bodom', when I first discovered them I put them down as neo classical blacky melodic metal, but to be fair they have invented their own style.

So in summary their style is their own, they created their own label!

Ah such a long winded answer, how bored am I!
:loco:

they seem to be kind of a melodic death/black/power/thrash metal band. but i just say they kick ass becasue their style is too varied to pin it into one genre

NO NO NO NO!!!! They are not melodic death metal. From now on, you should all refer to CoB's genre as NEO-CLASSICAL metal. And the other bands that make up the genre are...Norther, Kalmah, Skyfire, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, and Throne of Chaos

First time I listened to them I thought of Power Black Metal (power for the music and black for the vocals) but they are definitely "Bodometal"...when some1 asks me what is COB's genre I answer "It's CoB's own genre", they invented it

Another band like CoB apart the aforementioned ones is Ensiferum

P.S.
[insane rant mode ON]
COB AIN'T MELODIC DEATH METAL...their music has NOTHING to do with death metal, the vocals are *Black* Metal-like.
[insane rant mode OFF]
:D