the Best of Bodom volume 1

I fuckin love it.. I just wouldn't put it in an 'introductary CoB album' for someone to get into them..
This isn't a question of how good or not good songs are.. but more of space or number restriction and appropriateness

ah why should it be a thing of popularity in the sense that the person will like it so more fans will be gained?

Or i suppose it could be taken as, catch the persons interest, and then let them get used to the better songs.

Honestly though, if they only will listen and get more interested in a band because of catchy tunes, i'd rather them not find out about the band at all. I mean, discover and explore it man, don't just spoon feed it to them. Give them a mix hey?

asphyXy said:
some kid i know that listens to basically all punk except dream theater and stuff has been converted to a children of bodom fan by none other than yours truly and another CoB fan [which i also converted]. he asked me to make him a cd with a bunch of CoB songs.

coverartbob.jpg

backcoverartbob.jpg

all bodom cds have a certain color, so i went with a lack of color for their "greatest hits".

yeah so, what do you think of that track list and/or the artwork? what would you have added/removed/whatever?

Hey man, what's wrong with Dream Theater? ;) Dream Theater fucking kicks ass.

NP: Children of Bodom - Taste of My Scythe

sounds good,
come to think of it, all the members are pretty amazing

and portnoys kit....well it's a bit on the extreme side, but all in good taste

whatsinaname said:
sounds good,
come to think of it, all the members are pretty amazing

and portnoys kit....well it's a bit on the extreme side, but all in good taste

I got my drummer (more like ex-drummer because he's been a flake lately) heavely into DT and Portnoy. He seriously has a kit the same size, if not bigger than Portnoy's. You know, when DT first formed, everyone except for Charlie (as far as I know), including Moore, Myung, Petrucci and Portnoy went to the Berkley School of Music. That is probably the best music school you can go to. They are highly educated in music. Then when they fired Charlie and got Kevin (James. James (Labrie) decided to use his middle name (James) instead of his first name (Kevin) so the band would have less confusion, considering there was already two Johns (Petrucci and Myung) rather than two Johns, two Kevins (Labrie and Moore) and one Mike). Then they got Sherinian (Derek) after Moore left. Then, during the side project, Liquid Tension Experiment (Portnoy's project, but decided to use Petrucci because he couldn't see it any other way), they were introduced to Jordan Rudess. After Sherinian left, they recruited Rudess, who they already knew would fit in perfect. Thus, bringing the current and badass lineup of DT. Kevin James Labrie, Mike Portnoy, Jordan Rudess, John Petrucci and John Myung.

This thread meant to be something short and sweet, but I got carried away. Don't blame me, blame the tiredness (4:16 A.M.) and the Whiskey.

NP: Liquid Tension Experiment - Acid Rain

have only heard a little from Liquid Tension Experiment, but i love it so far.

"Whiskey"
Well, as you have probably noticed from my rants...i hate alcohol. but yeah it sure helps people speak, to tell you the truth, i'm partially addicted to alcohol, right now actually. fuck i hate it

this would be my list at least

deadnight warrior
warheart
silent night,bodom night
everytime i die
needled 24/7
lake bodom
towards dead end
hate me!
angels dont kill
bed of razors
children of bodom