Definitive albums editions?

LavagesOfTime

evangelist of Threshold
Mar 2, 2002
Rome, Italy
www.myspace.com
I saw that, apart from March Of Progress, the first two albums will be re-released (again!) with a couple more bonus tracks, here the details:

Wounded land DEFINITIVE EDITION
250x250.jpg

Ltd. CD incl. 3 bonus tracks

Track list
1 - Consume To Live 8:13
2 - Days Of Dearth 5:28
3 - Sanity's End 10:23
4 - Paradox 7:17
5 - Surface To Air 10:16
6 - Mother Earth 5:54
7 - Siege Of Baghdad 7:44
8 - Keep It With Mine 2:28
9 - Intervention 6:40
10 - Conceal The Face 5:03
11 - Shifting Sands 3:41

http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/products/tontraeger/cd/cd/threshold-wounded-land-special-edition-.html

Psychedelicatessen DEFINITIVE EDITION
250x250.jpg

Ltd. 2CD in slipcase, bonus CD incl. 2 bonus tracks & 5 live tracks.

Track list Total runtime
1 - Sunseeker 7:38
2 - A Tension Of Souls 7:10
3 - Into The Light 10:00
4 - Will To Give 4:54
5 - Under The Sun 3:05
6 - Babylon Rising 4:42
7 - He Is I Am 5:51
8 - Innocent 4:43
9 - Devoted 7:32
10 - Lost 2:42
11 - Intervention 6:40

CD 2
Track list Total runtime
1 - Fist Of Tongues 4:29
2 - Half Way Home 5:48
3 - A Tension Of Souls (Live) 7:30
4 - Sanity's End (Live) 11:08
5 - Innocent (Live) 4:40
6 - Surface To Air (Live) 9:14
7 - Paradox (Live) 9:02

http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/produ...shold-psychedelicatessen-special-edition.html

The only point I see in this release is to give the new songs off Paradox an "official" release, since the albums are already available.

Karl, Rich, is at least the booklet renewed or is it just the special editions with a couple of bonus tracks instead of the multimedia sections?
Will there be future definitive editions for other albums? -> hint: Clone! :D

A few things have been tweaked in the booklet and the sound of Wounded land slightly improved. Obviously the extra tracks have been added and this is to release on Nuclear Blast. Should the vinyl go well with March of Progress, we will have each of the older albums out on that format too!

from the official website
<<
The "Definitive Editions" of "Extinct Instinct" (1997) and "Clone" (1998) will be released on the 12th of October 2012, followed by "Hypothetical" (2001), "Critical Mass" (2002) and "Subsurface" (2004) on the 16th of November 2012. Track lists and further information to be announced soon!
>>

All the albums before Dead Reckoning came to the end of their deals and are no longer available. As a result of having such a great experience with Nuclear Blast we decided to make them available through them.

Clone has Freaks and Change from Concert in Paris and the extended version of Latent Gene. It may be slightly adjusted in mastering as well.

Clone has Freaks and Change from Concert in Paris and the extended version of Latent Gene. It may be slightly adjusted in mastering as well.

If I don't go wrong, Concert in Paris is no longer available, so I guess you preferred to add two live tracks instead of Voyager II urban version and Change acoustic that are currently available on Paradox.

Anyway, I definitely will buy Clone on vinyl, if it will be released. :Spin:

you heretic! A true fan buys everything!!!!

I'm happy to be the heretic so you can shine in the spotlight of the ultimate true fan! ;-)

All the albums before Dead Reckoning came to the end of their deals and are no longer available. As a result of having such a great experience with Nuclear Blast we decided to make them available through them.

Clone is the only one that I don't have a special edition of...so will probably be the only one I'll be getting from this reissue. Artwork wise, how does the Definitive Editions compare with the Special Editions of Inside Out?

The one big change from the Special Editions is the cover. Personally I never like the picture frame effect on those. Now we have the full artwork across the whole of the cover. Of course the booklets have to be adjusted in places due to new material and some extra liner notes in places. Clone will probably be the biggest difference because there was only the original pressing from GEP until now.