Deftones...round Two

Valofvalhalla

Cessation Of Life
Mar 28, 2002
www.cessationoflife.com
DEFTONES DEFEND METALLICA COMMENTS

Deftones singer Chino Moreno has gotten negative attention recently, for barbed comments he's made in the press about Korn and his Summer Sanitarium tourmates Metallica.

Sampler/keyboardist Frank Delgado said that a lot of the attention is a function of the press taking Moreno's quotes out of context. "I think they to sensationalize a lot of stuff, Delgado says. They're trying to sell magazines just like we're trying to sell records, but catch anyone on a bad day you're bound to hear something that no one's going to like, but you can't be afraid to speak your mind, either. I think if you go back and you read those quotes, he really didn't say anything mean. You know what I mean. As a fan of music he's speaking his mind on what he thinks. And besides, whether you're a chef or a plumber, you have to think you're the best chef or the best plumber. I think he brought it up to Metallica (news - web sites) frontman James Hetfield, actually and I would have said the same thing. You have to think you are the best and you have to have that attitude."

Moreno was quoted saying about Metallica, who had just booked Deftones on their Summer Sanitarium tour, "Metallica have a vast catalog. But live? Motherf--kers just stand there and play. We're gonna rock out their shit. We're gonna blow that motherf--ker up."

Ummmmm o_O :tickled: