Deicide show

kremator78

Sep 20, 2003
Well man what can i say? A fucking killer set by Deicide. First off we got thrown off. The show was supposed to be at the Opera House but got moved to the Pheonix. So we go to the Pheonix which is a pain in the ass to find and we find out their is no show going on their. So for some fucked up reason i tell my freind to go to the Opera house. We cant find, i mean i know where it is but we cant find cause the sign on the place dont say opera house. So we are in a cab dumbfounded till i see some dude in a redshirt walking down the street.........STOP THE CAB THATS FUCKING GLEN BENTON! Boy does that guy stand out. So we get out and yeah man its him, i ask him where he is playing tonight he is like "down the steet somewhere" i am like cool. So then i turn around and their is Steve Asheim! I am like holy shit your a lot bigger in real life I tel lhim that i am looking forward to the show and all shake his hand tell him its good to see you guys around still after all this time and all. I ask him what their gonna start the set off with he debates for a bit and i say "meh surprise us" So Glen and Steve were pretty much chillin outside signing autographs and all Stevei s chillin and i deicide to cross the street to buy smokes and i come within centimeters of getting run over by a cyclist going fucking fast. Everyone was like holy shit that was close. Steve was like damn and started laughing at me lol. I turn around and say " look both ways before you cross the street. Anyways the show was good, immolation sucked, sound was bad and nothing like their albums, the other bands were ok but noisy a lot of riffs were not audible. So the crowd is getting hungry and Deicide comes on stagewith Glen dressed in his mask and his attire. SCARS OF THE CRUCIFIX! sounded pretty good.........no solos thuogh... jack owen beleive it or not was filling in and not on of the guys from vital. They played all their hits the best songs were kill the christian.and well all of them were good. All in all man it was a great set and a good show and a long set which i was really happy about. The last song they played was dead by dawn......they leave the crowd is hungry for more thuogh we are chanting Satan satan and they come back and do luantics of gods creation and for the last final song Deicide. Once again............solos missing. good show i was supposed to get pictures but my freind got tossed out before he could see Deicide cause he was too drunk. He wouldnt take a pic with Steve either cause he didnt want to bug him. I got him to sign my ticket thuogh....i kindastayed away from Glen cause i heard he was a jerk but he was alright. Ther best line ofthe night was when we are watin in line Glen heads towards the backstageand some dude offers him a beer and glen says "nah trying to cut down" Oh by the way.....Eric and Brian can go fuck themselves cause Glen benton can play bass and did so very well, i seen it for myself and Deicide is still the ass kicking band i knew a while back.....take lots of steriods smoke lots of pot cause thats all you got as far as your shit talk.