DEICIDE THANK YOU!

kremator78

Sep 20, 2003
Hey i dont know who reads this anymore and iam really no one important other then a fan to say this but on behalf of myself and i guess fans in toronto i want to thank Deicide for comin down and playing a good show for us. I Espeicaly want to thank Steve for signing my ticket and keeping the opener a surprise ;) and also lauging at me for almsot getting into what could have been a serious accident with the cyclist but no one was hurt and it was a close call so hey i found it interesting LOOK BOTH WAYS BEFORE YOU CROSS THE STREET DAMNIT HEHEHE. Glen i heard wouldnt take a pic with my freind but thats ok i also heard he said no politely so its cool and dont matter. When your Glen Benton you do what you want and not what others want you to do no matter whom! Just to see you guys out their kicking ass and playing and doing what you do best was enough. Made me extremely happy. YOU GUYS RULE THANK YOU ALL! COME BACK SOMETIME IN THE NEAR FUTURE AGAIN YOU GOTA HUGE FANBASE IN TORONTO THAT EVEN YOU DONT FULLY KNOW ABOUT YET!

Deicide is coming to town next week and I got TIX... I've been listening to the band since their debut self titled album was a new release, and I have never dreamed of the opportunity to see them live.
I have never been to a metal concert in my life. I used to live in the boonies and it was pretty tough to travel 1000 miles just to see a concert.
Glen and Steve are maintaining the CORE of the band, which is great. I always hate to see bands loose members. Bolt Thrower for example is nothing without their original frontman, and Morbid Angel is having problems keeping one of the best drummers in the world (although they still rip shit up). As far as I am concerned, Cannibal Corpse has evolved into Six Feet Under. WHATEVER. Glen is all that DEICIDE needs.
Im gonna go out and buy me a new DEICIDE shirt and do everything I can to blaze with Glen! I'm rolling an extra special DEICIDE DOOBIE for the event. BC BUD Glen, the resin pours from the end of a doob, its fuckin SICK.
After the concert I'll post again to let anyone who cares know how it went.

Your in for a treat, if its the show i am thinking Deicide has not played in Vancouver before. As far as Glen Benton smoking a doobie goto the venue early while they arel oading their gear, find him and aproach him. Let me know how the show went speedyfingers78@hotmail.com is my email. Add me to your msn.

The show was wicked. I never got to meet Glen, but I was front row center screaming along all of my favorite classics about 5 feet away from him. There were about 250-300 people and it was obvious that everyone was there to see DEICIDE. Skinless wasn't bad either, and Despised Icon was different with two vocalists.... I never really got into Immolation, and "With Passion" was pretty lame.
I couldn't figure out who Glen's guitarists were. They didn't match the Hoffman brothers, but at least they kept up.
Everyone was blazing around the pit, the place was nearly hotboxed. I had the opportunity to try out a volcano vaporizer just before the show (that thing is crazy, I highly recommend it, gonna pick one up).
Didn't get any pics though. If I had a camera in that place it would have gotten thrashed. Its hard to take pictures when you're ripping it in a mosh.
All in all, a pretty awesome night!

Aw man no deicide doobie for Glen? hehehehe shit. Well man i am glad you had fun. I was lucky enough to encounter Glen Benton and meet Steve Asheim. Glen was looking really good at the show and he put on a great one for us. He seems like he is making a attempt to clean up. He was cool and very mature and funny straight up but not without being justified about anything. We really couldbnt blaze inside the opera house cause security was tight and i didnt know any of them. Plus the ruiner of the night was my freind not being allowed back in due to the fact he was severly intoxicated. I brought him out to see a band play a REAL fucking band. All all how was the sound?Was it as good as you had thuoght before going? I thuoghtt he energy was phenominal! Sound was decent and pretty heavy at times but i still think it could have been better. Glen Bentons bassing was really evident and he pretty much lead the show the whole way through, him and Steve. The the two guitarists were Ralph Santola i think..........and Jack Owen. I thuoght both kept up and did great except forthe guitar solos.......hey man what was the setlist? Lemmie know and did t hey do any encores and open up with scars of the crucifix?