Deicide

Are Deicide Still as good as they used to be?

• yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • no

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • never liked them

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • like them more now

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
Okay, everyone, what do you think to Deicide? .. they still kicking ass? .. or just well passed it and close to retirement? ..

"legion" is one of my favourite records of all time, and i dont think they live up to that any more, but i do still think they are relevant to the death metal world ..

so what do you all think? ..

check out a full profile of deicide HERE

Deicide are one of my favourite bands. The last couple of albums have been a little weak, particularly the last one- although I do like the attitude on it (death metal albums should be recorded in 4 days, IMO, none of this 2-months bollocks). Seems like the last couple of albums were rushed through to get out of their record contract. I mean, Serpents of the light was really good, and they still put out some good songs, so I have no doubt they can still do it.

dunno if you read my profile on them from that link? i thought serpents, although still a good album with good songs, was the worst one, its got a horrendous production and in particular a torturous guitar sound, and it kills it for me, even though there are some class songs on there ..
they lost a lot of power since "legion" i think,
but still they are a damn fine band ..

The debut is still my favourite, but Insineratehymn and In Torment In Hell are both storming death metal maelstroms almost unrivalled in recent years. Serpents of the Light, Once Upon the Cross and Legion didn't do much for me, but these two later albums have been brilliant.

ive still only heard a couple of songs from in torment in hell, (not had enough money to buy it recently) but what i heard i thought was fuckin ace .. insineratehymn is definitely better than serpents ,, but legion and the debut still crucify me even now! ..
something about that full meaty sound on legion and the bonkers vocals and crazy riffing / patterns on there, especially in the 2nd half , and "deicide" is pure out and out madness! ,, really raw sounding as well, but still powerful as fuck!

I think they're basically a one dimensional band with a gimmick, even if they're sincere about their uber-satanism.

I listened to Glen's interaction with a Christian talk radio host online though. That was pretty funny.

quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
even if they're sincere about their uber-satanism.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glen Benton has branded a reversed cross in his forehead!! I think he´s deadserious!!! hehehe...

Post Scriptum: How do I make on of the real "quote-lines"???

I'm one of those who's been a fan for ages, and I really have no
problem with the newer stuff...
Reason: I use Deicide when I wanna play something really loud
and crushing. When I'm in the 'killer' mood, u know. And the new
shit works just as good as the old stuff.

Originally posted by JayKeeley
Didn't Glenn name his son Azrael or Lucifer or something like that?
he named his son Damion.
I can't say that i listen to much of their stuff any more, nothing much has changed for years with deicide and it bores me. The songs on their last few albums have been Death Metal by the numbers and they sound like they are realy rushing to get the music out there fast so they can get out of their contract.
I did an interview with glen about a year and a half ago and he was bussy bagging off at roadrunner the whole time.
amon was however ground breaking... i'll give em that!