New Deicide Track Up

i never saw what was so good about bolt thrower

deicide are legends though, as long as theyre making something half decent i'll respect it

The track doesn't sound like anything special. Death Metal. It was decent though & sounded a lot heavier than anything off Stench of Redemption.

Obituary is the only band that can make good death metal without blast beats. I don't understand the hatred for blast beats here.

Pestilence
Asphyx
Death
Bolt Thrower

Obituary rules but they are far from the "only good death metal band without blast beats."

Fucking generic death metal with boring, stale riffs and overused blast beats. The Stench of Redemption was awesome but I'm probably not gonna bother with this one.

Telephone call for Mongo: You think the last album was awesome but, on the strength of a short clip of one new song you're totally condeming the entire new album? :zombie:

Even if all the songs were poor on this, Ralph Santolla will elevate it way above most death metal.

Telephone call for Mongo: You think the last album was awesome but, on the strength of a short clip of one new song you're totally condeming the entire new album? :zombie:

Even if all the songs were poor on this, Ralph Santolla will elevate it way above most death metal.

Not really because his solos sound like power metal solos on the last Deicide album and probably does not listen to death metal nor fits the context of the actual music on the album to write leads that fit with the music and lyrical content. Ralph decided to join some big name death metal bands just to make some money and really has no clue what he's doing.

That's a bit harsh. I think he did fine on it. It's sure better than hearing some out of key Kerry King rip off all over a death metal album. "SoR" wasn't the br00talest death metal album ever written to begin with. I think he fit the bill alright & I'm kinda happy to see him back actually.

Steve Ashiem just seems like he focuses with snare and his cymbal work is terrible nor does he have any interesting drum patterns or fills. I've also heard he writes the music along with glen benton and the guitar playing is just the epitome of generic and also one dimensional. Jack Owen being a better guitarist than both hoffman brothers still does not even benefit the band and does not seem like he's writing any riffs. Till Death Do Us appart does not even sound like it was mastered or anything and same goes for a few of their last albums.

blast beats are an essential part of death metal

Blastbeats are not essential to death metal. I do like bands who have blastbeats just generally do not like them.

I listened to it a few days ago and didn't care much for it. To me it sounds kinda like a death metal version of a nursery rhyme or something. It just seems like I can't take the song seriously.

I thought their last album was pretty good. Other than that I've never cared for anything they've released.