New Deicide

Stormwatch

Cock.
May 2, 2003
Fortress of Arrogance
I wonder if anyone has a reasoned opinion on the "Stench of Redemption" EP? No doubt some crazy wag will say "Fuck Deicide, only Legion and the debut are TR00 ya cunt!"
With that out the way, please, intelligent people, post your opinions. Personally I love it, although it's not really Deicide to me, the solos are too technical and, well, good. But the two songs on there are fucking excellent and "Homage For Satan" in particular is up there with the best the band have ever done.

And, if anyone with good taste, like Carcassian, cares, the album has leaked.

owls_title.gif

Spectacular Views said:
so basically this is the belligerent middle aged losers into metal thread

You called?

THat aside, I liked the track / video for the new EP from You Tube a lot - it's got that simplistic Deicide thing going on, but I really like the emphasis on good soloing.

I heard the EP was Earache ripoff mp3 shop only? I'll buy the full lengther without doubt, being as I enjoy every Deicide release - and yes that does include Insineratehymn.

Carcassian said:
You called?

THat aside, I liked the track / video for the new EP from You Tube a lot - it's got that simplistic Deicide thing going on, but I really like the emphasis on good soloing.

I heard the EP was Earache ripoff mp3 shop only? I'll buy the full lengther without doubt, being as I enjoy every Deicide release - and yes that does include Insineratehymn.

I dunno I got the EP and now LP from Soulseek. And both are fucking great. I'll buy the cd when it comes out, along with the Vader one.

Haven't heard the new Vader either, but I'm listening to the Sothis EP now and realising that aside from De Profundis, it's my fave release of theirs. Next up is Centurions Ghost.

Carcassian said:
Haven't heard the new Vader either, but I'm listening to the Sothis EP now and realising that aside from De Profundis, it's my fave release of theirs. Next up is Centurions Ghost.

I have the new Vader as well. Not sure how much I like it yet it has to grow on me - The Beast had much more of an instant kick to it. But the Deicide one has that kick no problem, it sounds fantastic so far after a couple of listens. I just hope they release it with a DVD better than the shit they bundled with Scars.

Carcassian said:
I didnt see the Live DVD (WHen London burns???) - have you ?

No I wasnt sure whether to get it since it was the new guitarists and I had a feeling they'd be booted after about ten minutes to let the Hoffmans return. I think I might go order it now though.

"The Lord's Sedition" on the new album is just incredible, opening with the best solos ever heard on any Deicide album. But it really makes me think, as good as it is, it ain't Deicide with solos like that!

I know what you mean. Its like, when does a band cease to be a band? You know, Motorhead can change line ups, but as long as they leave Lemmy, it's still Motorhead to me you know? Where as, say, Skyclad lose Walkyier, and frankly, you couldn't pay me enough money to listen to them without him.

I've heard the entire album, over a month ago. My friend toured w/ Deicide, and was going on this recient tour, before it was cancelled.
The album (music) is written entirely by Steve, I think it sounds unlike anything the band has ever done. The new album includes a cover song, (Deep Purple) with the lyrics changed a bit. I will bet this album makes many people's top ten of '06 list.