New Deicide

MetalNoob said:
I could never get into Deicide, their early stuff was cool all, but pretty boring, but there's no denying that Glen Benton is a cunt.

There's no denying he's entertaining though, even if he is a cunt. And he is.
But he's a fantastic DM vocalist and a great, great frontman.

MetalNoob said:
I think his vocals are a little bit too forced, but yea he is entertaining thought the inverted cross scar thing was kinda stupid.

Of course its stupid, but it got the band attention. Plenty of it. I'm not sure what you mean about his vocals being forced though, to me Glen, Davie Vincent and early Chuck are the ultimate DM vocalists. Clear enough but still agressive.

Stormwatch said:
Of course its stupid, but it got the band attention. Plenty of it. I'm not sure what you mean about his vocals being forced though, to me Glen, Davie Vincent and early Chuck are the ultimate DM vocalists. Clear enough but still agressive.

He kinda sounds retarded with his vocals that's really all.

I've never been a big fan of Deicide. I've heard a lot of good stuff about their early albums (from here and other people) so I suppose I should check them out. I'll look into the new album when I get the chance, as well.

Stormwatch said:
There's no denying he's entertaining though, even if he is a cunt. And he is.
But he's a fantastic DM vocalist and a great, great frontman.
I actually agree with Stormwatch. :err:

Anyone who doesn't enjoy Deicide's first two is a faggot.

Got the new one, Stench Of Redemption EP. I gotta say, its still Deicide! Really didn't think it would still even sound like the same band without the Hoffmans, but it actually sounds more inspired and creative than Scars Of The Crucifix, the last one. The new guitarists Ralph Santolla and Jack Owen actually do a damn decent job on this release.

Carcassian said:
I didnt see the Live DVD (WHen London burns???) - have you ?

Get it for Benton. He is a hilarious loser on it haha. :kickass: :headbang:
(The DVD has Jack Owen and Dave Suzuki on it. Dave does the high screams, and practically kicks ass just being there haha)

Why doesn't anyone mention Serpents of the light? It's probably there best.

Homage for satan was alright, the filmclip was pretty cool, inverted preaching.:heh:

Leiland said:
Get it for Benton. He is a hilarious loser on it haha. :kickass: :headbang:
(The DVD has Jack Owen and Dave Suzuki on it. Dave does the high screams, and practically kicks ass just being there haha)

Why doesn't anyone mention Serpents of the light? It's probably there best.

Homage for satan was alright, the filmclip was pretty cool, inverted preaching.:heh:

I went into HMV today to buy the Deicide DVD but they didn't have it. I also wanted to buy other cds and a PC Game (Outrun 2006) and no one had them either. So I was basically going to spend about £50-£60 and not one shop had the stuff I wanted to buy.
Fucking bastards.

As for "Serpents" yeah I like that album a lot. The thing for me with Deicide's albums a lot of the time is the production, it sounds like shit on most of them. Scars sounds great as does the new one thankfully, but the older ones like Serpents and the two everyone hates suffer from shit sound.

I dunno, production sounds alright to me.
Still have to hear Legion and once upon a cross, ow and amon whats that like anyone? It's like the album no one dare speak of or something haha.
I don't know how Bible Basher made it on the shit album, it owns haha \m/

If you think glen benton is actually a really good need to hear more death metal. I have seen deicide twice and he's not accurate at resembling the albums. His studio vocals are all harmonized dubbed compressed echoed,etc.. you name it. Sure it sounds more cool when doing an album. You should not go overboard where you can not longer replicate something to an extent live.

Glen Benton sometimes almost looks like a fat mexican and he probably embarasses his band members live. They need to put food on the table like the rest of us so just stand there probably waiting for him to shut his fat ugly face. Jack Owen probably wishes he never played death metal. Since it's the only thing he's going to get recognized for at this point he needs to stay with a bigger death metal act. I'm just making an assumption. If he still really liked death metal he would just form his own band and a major label would offer the band a deal because his name is out there enough from his succes in cannibal corpse.

The Greys said:
If you think glen benton is actually a really good need to hear more death metal. I have seen deicide twice and he's not accurate at resembling the albums. His studio vocals are all harmonized dubbed compressed echoed,etc.. you name it. Sure it sounds more cool when doing an album. You should not go overboard where you can not longer replicate something to an extent live.

Glen Benton sometimes almost looks like a fat mexican and he probably embarasses his band members live. They need to put food on the table like the rest of us so just stand there probably waiting for him to shut his fat ugly face. Jack Owen probably wishes he never played death metal. Since it's the only thing he's going to get recognized for at this point he needs to stay with a bigger death metal act. I'm just making an assumption. If he still really liked death metal he would just form his own band and a major label would offer the band a deal because his name is out there enough from his succes in cannibal corpse.

I await the day when you make a post you dont need to edit five minutes later.

And you never edited that very well, because it looks like it was a fat Mexican, non English speaker that posted it. :zombie:
I couldnt give a shit what Benton sounds like live, I like his vocals on the albums. So, I DONT actually need to hear more death metal - YOU need to lick my arsehole.

I know heaps of other death metal singers, that doesn't change anything, him and others are great. HAHA "he probably embarasses his band members live" have you seen the dvd, of course he does, and they don't give a shit, it's part of his drunken show.
To me it is the "embarrassing" friend that keeps you laughing and going in life, without his bullshit life could be very BORING and SHIT (haha cheers out to me mate CASPER :kickass: )
Jack Owen could leave in 2 seconds if he was a wussy poofter and didn't like being ow so embarrassed :lol:
Still i have to see deicide live :Smokin:

Papa Josh said:
I know that Erik Hoffmann's myspace page says mention Deicide and your blocked. :lol:

Eric Hoffman has a MYSPACE?
I need to troll that. Link me up!

As for TSOR, the music is great, but the copy of it I had in late May was pretty weak sound quality, as is the video, so I'll need to wait for the album and hope that they didn't dampen the sound like some bands do. As for "leaking" in late July, they released it on iTunes on 6/6/6 (I don't think anyone bothered with that though)

Steve said:
Eric Hoffman has a MYSPACE?
I need to troll that. Link me up!

As for TSOR, the music is great, but the copy of it I had in late May was pretty weak sound quality, as is the video, so I'll need to wait for the album and hope that they didn't dampen the sound like some bands do. As for "leaking" in late July, they released it on iTunes on 6/6/6 (I don't think anyone bothered with that though)

Are you talking about the whole album though? Did they release that on 6/6/6? I wasnt aware of that if they did.

The sound quality on the finished album, well, the leaked one I have, is fucking fantastic - no fears on that score. It's brilliant, brilliant album - the two new guitarists make it sound more like Vital Remains "Dechristianize" but with more focused songs. It's a classic, trust me. :headbang: