delay compensation in PT8

I'd like to know this too... but since there is no way PT LE/MP is getting ADC in the future, mixing in PT is a huge PITA for me (well, at least tracking / editing is very nice in PT, but for mixing I'll stay at REAPER). :loco:

I owned up and finally bought the ATA plugin... so much more awesome with this than without.

As far as the UAD plugs go, I dont use them, so I got nothing for you... it doesn't make sense that you would still be experiencing delay unless the card(s) have something to do with it... or are causing it.

the best way to compensate for Delay in Le is.... (trust me ive tried all the alterantives)
Shift click on the volume tab under the fader of the track that needs compensating in the mix window
common times for uad plugs etc are normall like 1024 or something like that....
Trim start of the region on the track in question to bar 1 (you left some space at the begining of the session right??) use A in key command focus for this.
Click on the region.
Press Alt+h
Choose earlier.
Type the ammount of samples it needs shifting..
DONE. if you need to put the region back; id reccomend duplicating the playlist before you start this process, or simply use the spot mode to put it back where it came from.
I can do pics if you need.

the best way to compensate for Delay in Le is.... (trust me ive tried all the alterantives)
Shift click on the volume tab under the fader of the track that needs compensating in the mix window
Trim start of the region on the track in question to bar 1 (you left some space at the begining of the session right??) use A in key command focus for this.
Click on the region.
Press Alt+h
Choose earlier.
DONE. if you need to put the region back; id reccomend duplicating the playlist before you start this process, or simply use the spot mode to put it back where it came from.

Yes... select region -> press alt+h ! Works great for me!

Click on the region.
Press Alt+h
Choose earlier.

Yeah, Pics would be great! I´ll try this today. It´s three years since i worked in PT. takes a little time to get backon track so to speak

ATA Master plug on the master bus as the first insert.

ATA insert on any mono/stereo channel as first insert.

then you ping the inserts and it compensates for delay.

win.

i think by the time you've done that. ill have shifted the regions by hand ;)

ATA Master plug on the master bus as the first insert.

ATA insert on any mono/stereo channel as first insert.

then you ping the inserts and it compensates for delay.

win.

Nope, not true if you have heavy reverbs or delays and drumagog and a bunch of other plugins that give ata problems. I used Ata for a minute but it was more of a hassle because of not working through some plugins and it throwing shit way out of wack. So i just went back to shifting tracks manually. This is just my experience.

Digi just needs to step into 2010 aka the real world soon. Ive already started testing other programs because they still don't have delay compensation.

ATA has been flawless for me as well. The aux system was a little wierd at first, but once I figured it out it was no problem. It works perfect as long as you set it up right (you can't have any of the tracks muted or off when you ping).

You also MUST turn off (er bypass) any time plugins such as reverbs or delays when you ping or it screws up.

Nope, not true if you have heavy reverbs or delays and drumagog and a bunch of other plugins that give ata problems. I used Ata for a minute but it was more of a hassle because of not working through some plugins and it throwing shit way out of wack. So i just went back to shifting tracks manually. This is just my experience.

Digi just needs to step into 2010 aka the real world soon. Ive already started testing other programs because they still don't have delay compensation.

Then you are doing it wrong. I had problem with ATA in the beginning but i was doing it wrong. Dont blame the plugin when it is your fault ;)

We all know it will never happen, otherwise you won't buy HD
I'll prefer pay 500 fucking euros for a PT that has ADC and all HD features and use my hardware instead of sticking to PTLE like I'm doing now.
It will never happen :(