Deliver us to the promise land.

Oct 7, 2006
I saw Prince Of Egypt yesterday.Amazing movie,tells the jews story.
Ofra Haza a jewish artist sang in the movie.Her voice was realy nice.

I know the song - beautiful one- but i didn't know, she was in it, too.

<-- learned something:)

I gotto know Ofra Haza's music, because our neighbours were Jewish and after traveling to Israel they brought me a tape with her music.
Then I rediscovered her because of that Sisters of Mercy song and later again when I started to look for original versions of songs sung by Achinoam Nini.
If you want to hear some great Yemenite voice/songs, you should check out her work- in Europe she's known as "Noa"

back in 1988 when I was 6 still in Soviet Union Ukraine...some of my relatives went on a vacation in Israel...for a week or so and when they returned they brought some lovely presents.
my parents got a "sifoluks"( which is an ancient soda water maker which came with little gas balloons filled with CO2), I got a digital casio watch and a packet of "elite" mint flavoured chewing gum. My uncle got a vinyl of a local middle eastern music which later turned out to be Ofra Haza's "Shadday"
in late 1989 when my parents were packing all the furniture in wooden crates to be sent to Israel I clearly couldn't live at home and moved to my grandparents who lived with my uncle...while there I went through their all of their vinyl collection as tapes were pretty new back then no one in the family had tapes or a tape player except for those huge wheeltape player/recorder from 1965...so anyway I came across the Ofra Haza record and I've never heard anything like it before...later when I came to Israel I got to know who Ofra Haza was

I would like to know more about the movie instead of Yemenite music :S

From Wikipedia (I only changed one word)

"The story follows the life of Moses from his birth, through his childhood as a prince of Egypt and finally to his ultimate destiny to lead the Hebrew people out of Egypt, which is based off of the Second Book of Moses, Exodus."

well, i didn't find this too offensive, for it was the hard truth then, and a quote also.

it's like i would say that the nazis didn't kill jew people but only put them in hotels... But i can see you point.

??? Why are you taking quotes from another topic, that are not at all related with this one here? There was no fun in my last answer.