Deliverance DOUBLE PICTURE LP

benighted said:
so is it as cool as they make it out to be? what's the clear gatefold like?
Yeah, it's pretty nice actually. I'm not a huge fan of picture discs really - good to look at, but not to play (sound quality wise all picture discs are awful).

As far as they go though, this has been one of the best I've seen. Not quite up there with the Emperor and Burzum box sets though ;)

The clear gatefold is basically a plastic sleeve that splits in two. Nothing to write home about, but it does keep the two discs together...

I really look forward to get mine. I've ordered it from the Swedish shop "Hotstuff". Maybe I get it tomorrow. Then it's only Blackwater Park on LP that's missing... :erk: But hey, I don't like the fact that all their albums has been released on ordinary vinyl with great covers and then we aren't getting an ordinary release of this one? Just a picture disc? It doesn't go well in the collection..

Isn't there anyone else that has thought about this?

I bought mine off of ebay last night. I see there's still several left, several of them with a "buy it now" option, for $35. Cost me another $10 shipping.. I guess that's fair since its shipped to the states from Stockholm. Oh, do a search on ebay for "Opeth picture disc" and you'll see some with no bids yet even. Hope that helps somebody...

Squeak said:
I'd rather have a picture disc of all the albums because I love their artwork. :) But I do agree that it's rather odd that they do some regular LPs and then some pic LPs and not both.
Hey there Squeak! :)

Well I also love their artwork, it's simply superb... But, therefore I'd rather have them on ordinary sleeves, like BIG sleeves, you know. Now you only get the artwork on the disc and nothing else... The perfect thing would be ordinary sleeves and picture discs with pics from the booklets on them or so...

i bought the still life 2x12" from the end, but through ebay. might've been because it was used or something though. the sleeves weren't in that good of condition when it arrived, so that's why i assumed it wasn't placed on their mailorder website.

I got mine last Saturday - and I'm going to see them this Saturday in NC.. Has anyone had a record signed before? I'm wondering if they could each sign in felt-tip pen (sharpie) ontop of their picture on the actual record...

Even though I'm never gonna play this record, I don't want to ruin it..