Deliverance Vinyl

OpethNZ

Nov 25, 2003
Visit site
Just Got Deliverance on Vinyl LP, can anyone tell me how many copies of it were pressed for the picture disc, it says limited edition...cheers

OpethNZ said:
Just Got Deliverance on Vinyl LP, can anyone tell me how many copies of it were pressed for the picture disc, it says limited edition...cheers

unfortunately, the words "limited edition" are thrown around far too much when it comes to current pressings of albums or merchandise. the term has unfortunately morphed into a shameless marketing tool, and basically its only purpose is to have so called collectors by the merchandise.

it seems to me that for something to be of a desired edition, it cant be of anymore than 10,000....and preferably be 1000 or less to have it be of any sort of obscurity and 2ndary market value.

that is true, and anything 'limited edition' should be limited.
anything else (ie, a bonus is included) should be 'special' edition, but whatever...

no, I think you'll find the first pressing was 2000 copies for deliverance. most of the older vinyls only got 1000 pressings, but orchid, morningrise, mayh and most recently still life have had 2nd runs (ie: 2000 total) i think bwp was a 2000 copy first run. don't think they have done a 2nd for that yet.

negative Dude...from the official website, the BwP vinyl has only been released at 1000 copies/world...like every other first pressings...i didn't know about the second pressings of the 3 1st albums though but i don't think something's planned about BwP (yet?)

thanks d00d. i knew it was something like that, but was too lazy to look up the site. but that doesn't say much for the thread starter either.

PoS said:
thanks d00d. i knew it was something like that, but was too lazy to look up the site. but that doesn't say much for the thread starter either.

well actually for your information opeth.com has information on every vinyl release but the Deliverance one...i did look into it before posting this thread