Deliverance - Missing Lyrics

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
I find it strange that so many folks are offering up an opinion on "Deliverance" without having had a chance to listen to this CD with a lyric sheet in hand. To me, so much of Opeth's greatness lies in Mikael's lyrics. Without knowing exactly what every line is, it's impossible to pass an insighful judgement. Hell, for all I know, this a is a concept album, that conceptually blows away "MAYH".

GZ

This may be a dangerous thing to say here, but apart from the fact that Mikaels english isn't really all that good, Opeth's lyrics do nothing for me. I still love Opeth and listen to all of their stuff without concerning myself with the lyrics. Mikael's lyrics have always been the one thing I could ever find wrong with Opeth. That said, he does get it right at times. I think the album can be reviewed without the lyrics. I'm one of those waiting til the music sinks in before passing judgement though.

Originally posted by redreflection
This may be a dangerous thing to say here, but apart from the fact that Mikaels english isn't really all that good, Opeth's lyrics do nothing for me. I still love Opeth and listen to all of their stuff without concerning myself with the lyrics. Mikael's lyrics have always been the one thing I could ever find wrong with Opeth. That said, he does get it right at times. I think the album can be reviewed without the lyrics. I'm one of those waiting til the music sinks in before passing judgement though.

*PFFT*

Anyways...I think you'll find Deliverance has the easiest to figure out on their own lyrics than any other Opeth CD. For some reason I've been able to discern most of the lyrics and can sing along to at least half the growled lyrics and pretty much all of the clean ones.