Demon Of The Fall

Rox

New Metal Member
Oct 13, 2001
I know there must have been many threads in the past on the theme of 'my favourite track' but I'm new to this forum. So does anyone else think 'Demon of the fall' from MAYH is one of the best Opeth tracks ever? - I've only recently acquired this album having heard 'Blackwater Park' and 'Still life' first, and I so totally love this song at the moment. The melodic 'finale' is gorgeous.

yes, definitely one of my favorites. that scream is so emotional. and the vocals in the beginning are enhanced so much by that cold he had during recording. so awesome. it's heavy and yet beautiful, and that's what makes opeth!

"Demon of the Fall" has been one of my favourite
Opeth songs since the first time I heard it!
It has something catchy about it...
It just sticks to my brain...
When they play it live, the whole crowd goes off,
even though they just stood there earlier! >:eek:P
Lovely!! :eek:)

Originally posted by Blackspirit
"Demon of the Fall" has been one of my favourite
Opeth songs since the first time I heard it!
It has something catchy about it...
It just sticks to my brain...
When they play it live, the whole crowd goes off,
even though they just stood there earlier! >:eek:P
Lovely!! :eek:)

something i'll experience in under 40 or so days time :D

Ahh, yes, yes, yes....Demon of the Fall is quite good, most certainly one of my favorite tracks.

The pre-chorus slower riff and the acoustic-then-distorted riff for the chorus are some of the most eerie music out there. I get this strange feeling, like 'shifting' to another reality even when I play these riffs in my head.

D Mullholand
-------------------------
NP: Shostakovich - Symphony N 7

Ahh! I am so pissed with this dial up connection, I was d/l that Demon of the Fall video while I watched tv. I downloaded for 2 hours and came back to find out I was disconnected at 93% :mad: I will try it again tomorrow I guess.

The canon/fugue thing at the end is brilliant. I grab my guitar every time, because I just want to feel like I'm part of it.

g'damn. I don't wanna turn off Still Life to listen to it now. Maybe in a bit.. :loco: